my nipples are leaking. wtf is going on? :(

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I noticed today that my nipples are leaking when I squueze them (yes I shouldnt be squeezing them I guess) but I was reading my week-by-week, pregnancy calendar and it states that by week 16 your breasts change etc: well could my body be anymore spot on, Im exactly 4 months and Im leaking milk, well I think its milk. Its only a minute amount but it looks kinda clear-ish and now Im dying to scratch them.
Tell me this is normal please, before I convince myself I have breast cancer for god sake. Yes I know, I know, Im freakin out again.

Hey Louise, despite the leakage i hope you're well.

I beleive it is normal for women's breast to start leaking.

My boyfriend's sister had leaking breasts when she was pregnant. She woke up in a huge puddle..!!

You should invest in some breast pads to stop the leak coming through any tops etc...!

I found this short statement:
It is normal for your breasts to leak fluid as your mammary glands mature and begin to make colostrum. It is also normal for the breasts not to leak. Leaking or not leaking have no impact on your ability to breastfeed.
Some Women Have Tried...

• Put breast pads inside your bra to absorb the moisture.
  • Wash off dried colostrum with warm water, soap is not necessary.
Nat xxx

Hey Louise, despite the leakage i hope you're well.

I beleive it is normal for women's breast to start leaking.

My boyfriend's sister had leaking breasts when she was pregnant. She woke up in a huge puddle..!!

You should invest in some breast pads to stop the leak coming through any tops etc...!

I found this short statement:
It is normal for your breasts to leak fluid as your mammary glands mature and begin to make colostrum. It is also normal for the breasts not to leak. Leaking or not leaking have no impact on your ability to breastfeed.
Some Women Have Tried...

• Put breast pads inside your bra to absorb the moisture.
  • Wash off dried colostrum with warm water, soap is not necessary.
Nat xxx
I spoke to midwife who said it is normal, but still, for someone who has never experienced anything like this before, its bloody scary :(

its all part of the joys hunny :hugs:
your body will change in so many ways hun during pregnancy but every little change you get worried over you know were always here :D

its all part of the joys hunny :hugs:
your body will change in so many ways hun during pregnancy but every little change you get worried over you know were always here :D
I know and thank you so much guys for all the support you have given me. I can be a bit of a whiner at times but its only because im scared of whats happening to me. Its my first baby and I was paranoid enough about my health before pregnancy, so imagine what its doing to me now.
I thought 4 months would be way too early for leaking nipples?

every woman is different and you never have 2 pregnancys the same.I didnt leak at all with my first but started leaking around 15 weeks very little amounts but it was enough i had to wear a breast pad :lol:

every woman is different and you never have 2 pregnancys the same.I didnt leak at all with my first but started leaking around 15 weeks very little amounts but it was enough i had to wear a breast pad :lol:
So youre getting it too? I think I must have started leaking around the same time.
It worries me because im checking for blood now, it's like, the slightest spot that looks anything but creamy when dried, im panicking.
Apparently tho if its mixed with blood, that can be somewhat normal too because of the blood vessels so you cant freaking win can ya? :(
Im only leaking slightly, im 'expressing' it myself in the boob that doesnt appear to be leaking as much just so I know its there- its better to be in both than just in one because that really would scare the shit out of me. x x

Its perfectly normal hun, I never stopped leaking after I had Rebecca-thot I was an old moo :baby:

Its perfectly normal hun, I never stopped leaking after I had Rebecca-thot I was an old moo :baby:
Are yours leakng now? I cant believe I only just noticed it today. I bet it's been going on for ages.
Like I said on a previous message I went on- Midwife said the leaking nipples is due to high hormone levels which is why it's started early for me. Well knowing my luck I will now start growing a beard and wake up one morning with a pair of balls.:cry:

Are yours leakng now? I cant believe I only just noticed it today. I bet it's been going on for ages.
Like I said on a previous message I went on- Midwife said the leaking nipples is due to high hormone levels which is why it's started early for me. Well knowing my luck I will now start growing a beard and wake up one morning with a pair of balls.:cry:

You could make some money out of a beard and a pair of balls when you have those while giving birth - sell it to a yellow paper and the TV and sell the TV or movie rights to Warner (or however) :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->