my OH wants another baby but I am scared to

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
My OH wants another baby obviously not yet but by the end of the year he wants to start trying, I am too scared to cuz I had an awful pregnancy and it really affected my health which I am still having issues with now.
I love being a mum and definitely want more kids but I am too scared to go through pregnancy again, I don't know my body could cope with it

Oh boy I know what you mean. Have gone through this too. I have to blunt and tell him, "i am NOT ready to discuss this right now, please give me at least 6 months to heal my body and mind before we talk". Your baby is SO young, you do not need this pressure right now. Tell him to drop the subject until the end of the year.

^^ Agree with aliss. I don't have pressure from anyone to have another child, but if I did, I can't even imagine how I'd cope. I'd just tell him flat out how you feel and that you don't want another baby. Enjoy your LO being little while you can before you have another one! :hugs:

"By the end of next year" is still a while away :) your LO is only 1 month old...In a couple months your mind will probably change...mine did lol and I had a roller coaster of a pregnancy also!

I had a rocky pregnancy and a HIDEOUS birth. i ended up with PND and PTSD and it ruined those 1st few precious months for me. I never wanted to experience it again. My LO is 10 months old and we are now TTC. you soon forget the bad stuff about it hun. Sure its still there, sitting in the back of my mind but I'm ready to move on and try again. you might be too, give it some time and see how you feel :hugs:

xx

My first pregnancy was awful, I was sick until 23 weeks, my pelvis was sooo painful, I was tired all the time, I ended up having a haemorrhage, a transfusion and PND. This pregnancy couldn't be more different, in fact I feel so well I am scared that I'm not really pregnant (even though I am huge and I can feel the baby kick lol). Every pregnancy is different, you might have a really easy time of it next time, you never know. There is still a chance I will have another haemorrhage but I feel more prepared this time.

Saying that, if you aren't ready for another one by the end of the year, don't feel forced into it, it has to be something you both want :hugs: x

My first pregnancy was awful, I was sick until 23 weeks, my pelvis was sooo painful, I was tired all the time, I ended up having a haemorrhage, a transfusion and PND. This pregnancy couldn't be more different, in fact I feel so well I am scared that I'm not really pregnant (even though I am huge and I can feel the baby kick lol). Every pregnancy is different, you might have a really easy time of it next time, you never know. There is still a chance I will have another haemorrhage but I feel more prepared this time.

Saying that, if you aren't ready for another one by the end of the year, don't feel forced into it, it has to be something you both want :hugs: x

You sound like me hun, I had terrible morning sickness, SPD, Ella had a shoulder distocia and i hemmoraged, lost 2.5 litres of blood, had a transfusion and got PND also. you have given me hope that all might be ok next time! xx

I have 3 children, and i can honestly say that each pregnancy and birth were totally different.
Don't get yourself worried and wound up about it and see how you feel im a few months. None me my pregnancies were planned, all very welcome accidents lol but i would have quite happily planned again, and am hoping to try soon! Also, i had loads me problems and trouble with my girls, but i sailed through it with my boy! Hth x

Just explain to him him that you are not ready. Its mainly your choice to be honest as its your body. Dont worry too much im sorry you had a bad experience but it dosent mean that if you got pregnant again then it would be the same. Every pregnancy is different. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->