My partner hit the nail on the head!

LorraineMM

Reaction score
It's been a rollar coaster week or so for me, lot's of tears. It's been really difficult coming to terms with being pregnant again, don't get me wrong it's a miracle and I'm absolute devoted to my baby and love it so much already!

But because of all the heartbreak I've had this year with losses of my two other pregnancies, I'm finding it so hard this time. I feel like I'm grieving for this baby already. I'm terrified it's going to leave me alone again feeling empty:( I love this baby so much!

I've found myself to be extra guarded about getting excited. Which I'd say was normal.

I've been worrying endlessly about Christmas and a hopeful holiday I'll be going on, worrying over everything. It wasn't till my partner said
"Don't you see, your stressing yourself so much over-thinking about literally everything, to keep your mind off the baby."

Which made me realize he's right, I'm putting my worry onto everything else apart from what I'm Actually worried about. Our baby!

I didn't even realize till I thought I haven't actually had a moment to think about it because I've been so crazy about everything else.

Oh I hope is makes sense, how do i stop dealing with my worries for the baby like this, why are men always right!

Plus the hormones aren't helping lol

Congratulations on your pg! I can understand how you feel. Me and my DH have been ttc number 1 since April 2011. Last year i finally fell pg to miscarry at 6 weeks. One year later and we finally conceived again. I'm 5 weeks today and terrified of losing this little one. I just try and take each day as it comes and remember today im pregnant so im happy. I know its difficult but stay strong and im sure this will be your rainbow.

Goodness it sounds like you've had a heck of a ride, I can well understand why you're worried and sort of avoiding getting excited about the baby.

How about you write a list of say 5-10 things which make you happy (going for a walk, out for coffee, reading etc etc) and every time you catch yourself out panicking about something, you give yourself half an hour of doing something which makes you happy and re-grounds you.

I know it's easy to say, but just because you've been so unlucky before it doesn't mean you will be again.

Good luck love x

:hugs: unfortunately worrying comes with being pregnant. After believing for years that I would never have children, being dumped bc after 5 years I never conceived and finally finding my wonderful hubby I ended up with a surprise pregnancy only to end up losing it bc it was ectopic. Having one tube and one ovary made the odds of me conceiving even harder, same tube I had my ectopic angel, after a year and a half I got my BFP.
Although I'm now close to the end I have worried through out my whole pregnancy like the pp said take it one day at a time sending you lots of prayers that this is your rainbow

I had a mmc. I am now 10 weeks. An early scan put me at ease but there lots of times when I worry. But I am trying to enjoy the here and now. That is trying to even enjoy the sickness to.

I know how ur feeling, I had 2 mc's last year and it's taken us a year to conceive, all I do is worry and panick , I can't help it, what makes it worse is the lack of symptoms I have, but I still have that little bit of hope, the ladies on here always make me feel better :)

I read books or play video games.. maybe read The Red Tent by Anita Diamante... its about motherhood, sisterhood and pregnancy back in the pre-bibical days when you were lucky to have a midwife and women had to struggle with miscarriages waay more frequently since there wasnt birth control. I found it really encouraging, inspiring and a beautiful story, not to mention based on a true story

I know how you feel we lost 4 babies and this is our 5th pregnancy initially I was terrified about everything I found setting myself little milestones helped if I get to this week pregnant I'll have a relaxing bubble bath. If I go this week I'll treat myself to getting my nails done etc

It stopped me panicking and helped me to look forward to my milestones xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->