my perfect son is here

littlejenx

Reaction score
after two failed inductions i was taken down to the labour ward to have my waters broken, as they did this they quickly discovered i had servere pre-eclampsia and suddenly there were lots of doctors and midwives around popping cannellas in my hands and catheters in. they got the epidural in pretty early when i was about 3cms, i had originally wanted a very natural birth with limited pain relief but after being told i was very very poorly i decided being in pain was the last thing i wanted. i had to lay on my side for most of the labour as they had to keep checking babys movements, this proved pretty uncomfortable as i couldnt shut my legs properly with the catheter in, i was not allowed to drink anything as they had to check how much urine i was passing and had a drip of magnesium suplhate (i think) to stop me from fitting. the time went very quickly and other then the discomfort of the catheter i was not in any pain. at 3am i was found to be 10cm dilated (everything started off about 7pm) but the docter decided his head was too high and too big for me to push out. my kidneys were also not producing enough fluid and babys movements were de-creasing, it was decided an emergency c-section was the best option and i was taken down to theatre.
the operation went well and i would tell anyone planning a section not to worry. my beautiful little boy was born at 3.43AM weighing 7 pounds,9 ounces. totally gorgeous.
the recovery felt slow and i felt completley exhausted and out of it for a while but we are now home. im still on high blood pressure tablets but feeling better.
thankyou for reading x

congratulations glad everything went well in the end and hope you are both doing good :) xx

https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/ejhsc1/Comp%20Tags/Congratsbabyinblue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->