My poor baby! (Sorry... bit long!!) *Update post#10*

Tabs

Mummy to Morgan & Niamh!
Reaction score
Well it's official, Morgan's got her first proper cold... poor little mite.

I took her to the docs yesterday morning as she'd had a terrible night Monday night, coughing and sneezing and I wanted to check her chest was clear as she sounded so phlegmy!

Luckily, yes her chest is clear, but she's full of snot and that's what's making her cough. She keeps being sick cuz she's coughing so much... I've only had about 4 hours sleep since the weekend!!! :cry:

I just keep plastering the snufflebabe on her chest, and giving her calpol every so often in case she's achey with it at all.... not a lot else I can do really. I tried the shower/steam trick last night, but it seemed to make her worse???

I just hope it doesn't spread down to her chest though... so just got to keep a close eye on her.

But bless her, considering she must feel so shite (she looks shite with big dark rings under her eyes!!) she keeps smiling at me....

I also had to chat with the doc about her seeming lack of appetite!! Over the last few weeks, we've been struggling to get milk down her, and she's not shown any real interest in her solids. I've got to get her weighed next week when the baby clinic is back on, and as long as she's put even an ounce of weight on, we're not to worry. But if she hasn't gained, or has lost any weight, we've got to take her back to see him. It's making it worse at the minute because of this cold...

I mean, yesterday, she only had 15oz all day?!!! But the last few weeks, she's only been having 20-24oz max and that's pushing it, usually only 16-20oz.... where as a few weeks back she was having 30-35oz. And I keep trying with the solids, but she's not overly keen except for Baby Porridge and this packet stuff of mediterranian veg and rice... but even then, she only has a couple of little teaspoons and flatly refuses any more!?!

What can I do?? I can't force it down her??

So fingers crossed this cold passes quickly and she gains weight next week!!

:hugs: to u hun its horrible when they are ill u feel so helpless.

at least shes managing to smile bless her x

hope she feels better soon :hug: to morgan from jack x x x

Aww bless her...my LO has been going through his first cold for the last 3nights...its awful isn't it hun...especially when i spoke to the HV and pharmacist and they told me there is not much i could give him...i ended up getting him some kalvol capsuls...they seem to be really good...

Hope she feels better soon xx

I've put Karvol on a tissue for her a few times before as she tends to take after me and my entire family who suffer with catarrh (sp?) late night early morning, and it's never seemed to have any effect on her!!

Luckily, the snufflebabe seems to help her quite a bit, so just keep rubbing more on her chest every time I change her nappy... I assume that's ok, it doesn't say anything on it to say you can only put on so much in a day?

Offer her water and flush that cold out!

Hope you get some much needed sleep soon

You're right there Toria... and luckily she'll happily drink water! In fact, half the time she'll refuse her milk but have a good old guzzle of water! At least that's something!! Would be awful if I had to try and fight that down her aswell!!!

Can only imagine! :shock: Caitlyn really loves water recently, I think it's because I give her the water I drink. She has just learnt how to drink out of a small water bottle. Only sips obviously but it's sooooooo cute!

Hopefully Morgan will flush this through quickly.

Moo's just had me in absolute floods of tears....

The poor lamb has been sobbing for over an hour, and so I've been giving her cuddles over my shoulder (which she likes) and bless her, she kept throwing her arms around me and sobbing into my neck! :cry:

She's covered me in snot and slobber, and she looks so grotty.

I've just managed to get her off to sleep now.

This is heartbreaking... I feel so helpless.

Sorry for sounding so silly, but I hate seeing her like this.

Awwwww I know it makes you feel so hopeless when you cant do anything for them, Dec has a chest infection at the moment so I know how you feel.
Hope she gets better soon :hug:

Well Morgan's still no better... in fact, she's worse. :cry:

We had to take her to the out-of-hours GP clinic on Saturday morning as she was coughing that much she couldn't get her breath and was choking on herself... They said that her chest was still clear, but they suspected she may have an infection somewhere as her snot had turned green! :sick: But they didn't want to give her antibiotics just yet and told us to see how she went over the weekend and go see our own GP on Monday if no better.

So after a bad weekend and terrible day today (and her temp's been up to about 38C and she's had diarrhoea the last couple of days) we took her to see our GP this evening.

He said her chest is still clear, but all her symptoms definitely point to an infection, although he's not 100% sure where, but suspects it could be her sinuses. :cry: So he's prescribed a week of Amoxycillin and see how she goes.

Got to try and have her weighed on Thursday aswell to make sure her weight's ok, as we've been battling to get her to have milk (only had 12oz today!! :baby:)

My poor baby!!! :cry:

aw i hope shes better soon, charlie has also been really ill with a bad cold he had conjuntivitis and a bit of a cough too since xmas eve, hes had eye gel so his eyes are better now but hes still really snoty lol and is coughing in the mornings still, if hes no better by wednesday im gonna take him back to the doctor as this has been going on since xmas eve now. He was quiet sick last night and i dont think it was his reflux it was loads and he just wanted to cuddle me all night so we just watched tv and cuddled till 10.30 when he finally went to sleep , its horrible seeing them ill but he seems quiet happy at least xxx

Oh blimey Coz.... I hope Charlie gets better soon hun. And definitely take him back to docs if he's not better.

It's heartbreaking to see them poorly isn't it! :cry:

poor poorly July babies! really playing us up!

I think Charlie meant to come in July too Coz, hope he's better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->