My poor baby...

Tabs

Mummy to Morgan & Niamh!
Reaction score
...has got really bad reflux.

Been to see the GP this evening as the poor chicken has really been getting worse over the last few days. The choking/can't catch her breath thing has been getting more frequent, and she's been screaming for about an hour or two after each feed (with such a look of sheer terror and pain in her eyes... it's been heartbreaking to see her), and many other symptoms.

The GP was bloody brilliant with her and has prescribed her Infant Gaviscon which I have to put in every bottle. He said to try it for a few days and if there's no improvement, I have to take her back and he will refer her to a paediatrician at the hospital.

She's had her first dose this evening and the difference in her has been dramatic to say the least... so early signs look good! Keeping fingers crossed that this works for her, cuz I can't stand the thought of her being in so much pain anymore poor mite.

AWWWW poor wee woman, glad the med. is working.

:hug: Poor Morgan. Hopefully the Gaviscon will continue to work and she'll keep getting better :hugs:

Poor morgan! Give her a hug from me glad medicine is helping her, poor little mite. xx

The worst of it is, I've been holding off taking her to the GP for about two weeks as he's normally as useful as a choccie suppository!!!

She had her 6 week check yesterday at the clinic, and they have a paediatrician there who the Health Visitors said is very good and experienced (used to work in NICU etc...) so we decided it would be best to try and hold on to see her instead.

We waited over an hour and a half to be seen (luckily Morgan was in a half decent mood which helped!) and when we finally got to see the doc, well.... to say we were pissed off is an understatement.

We couldn't understand a word she said (not sure if she was Russian, Polish or what!), she was very rushed and dismissive of our concerns and was more than rough when she handled Morgan. She said that everything she was suffering with was completely normal and pretty much rushed us out of the room... we were in and out in less than 5 minutes!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Now I feel terrible that I didn't take her to the GP sooner, especially as he turned out to be an absoulte star in the end! I'm going try and go to the clinic tomorrow afternoon and have a moan to our Health Visitor about the Paediatrician - I was absolutely disgusted with her!

omg i don't believe she treated u like that, that was outrageours i would complain.

God ive had some run ins with rubbish pediatricians, some of them are bloody awful! Glad morgan had a decent GP hun, they are so rare! Hopefull morgan will respond well to gaviscon! Fingers crossed for you hun, she has such a lovely smile btw! I hope you get to see it more :hugs: xx

Well we had a bad night. For about a week or so, she had been settling into a good routine of having a bottle about 7.30-8pm then sleeping through til about 3.30-4am, having another bottle then sleeping til about 8am.

Last night however, she had her bottle about 7.30pm and was so settled, snoring like mad. But then she woke up at about 11.30pm so she had another bottle and went straight back off to sleep.

Then she woke up screaming about 2am... she'd done a poo and woke herself up. So I cleaned her up and then she was doing all her "cues" that she's hungry. So she had another bottle, but this time she was wide awake and crying again.

After much swaying, shushing and anything else I could think of, she finally got back to sleep about 5.30am!!! By which time I realised I only had two bottles left clean, so I had to wash and sterilise her bottles at stupid o'clock this morning.

She then woke up about 7.30am, had another bottle and about 30 mins later was really sick! (Thought the Gaviscon was supposed to help stop that?!?!)

And to top it all off, one of my cats, Biscuit, came in about 2.30am covered in cuts all over her face, her nose bleeding a bit, and missing a few claws on her back paws. Don't know if she's just been in a major scrap or whether she could've been clipped by a car?!?! She doesn't seem to be in any pain anywhere else, but now I have a beaten up pussy to keep my on too today!!

I'm knackered! Morgan's snoozing now, just about! Although she's choked a few times in her sleep over the last hour?!

Oh the joys of motherhood!
:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"