My poor madam....

KX

Reaction score
Is surprise surprise on antibiotics again :twisted: Think this is batch 7 now :?

Asked the Dr should I put her to a childminder instead of nursery to avoid the re occurring viruses, he said no by the time she is at school she will have a great immune system.

Not much consolation just now tho with her constantly ill. :roll:

I know its horrible but he is right

When i started working in a nursery i was always poorly :roll: but after about 6 months i didn't get a thing, now that i'm not working with children at all i get all the bugs agin :?

Hope she feels better soon

oh no poor Rebecca - she will have an amazing immune system. I have been lucky with Seren - just had the stomach bug that once but there are always notices saying that such and such is going around. There was chicken pox going round but we missed it (wanted her to get it over and done with as well). Hope Rebecca is feeling a lot better soon.

Kx its a nightmare aint it, Adele has had this horrible barking cough for 6 weeks and has been to the doctors 7 times and they wouldnt give her anything :evil: untill last week we seen yet a different doctor who has told us shes got Asthma :( the inhalor he gave us is crap and makes her cough worse, so i took her to teh chemist and they gave me venos (sp?) and the cough is almost away. Just need to find something to help Colby now, shes full of mucus with having the same cold but i cant find anything that will break it all up and make her sick :(

Hope she gets better soon chick
xxxxxxx

awwww poor thing :(

i heard that the more antibiotix they have the less effective they become as the body is so used to them? well thats the reason why the doc wouldnt give them to Dior for her cough he said he dont like to give them to often

Poor Becky she is always poorly :(

Hope my 2 aint like this when they start nursery

aww, hope she feels better soon

xx

I try avoid taking Gabriel to DRs now unless hes really bad, hes had so many a/b for ear and chest infections he is becoming resistant to amoxycillin. When he had it for three weeks just b4 Christmas to clear his ears up it did nothing and they were still full of fluid. He got an infection a couple of weeks later (poss when grommit fell out) and he had to have augmentin instead. He isn't even 6 yet. I really worry about him becoming resistant. LAst gp we saw said not to worry as there 100's of a/b they can have :oops:

I really avoid taking her to the Dr's but my mite has had some serious bugs, ranging from viral meningitis to bronchitis.

I agree Dionne, I think the more people take antibiotics the less effective they become. I think this theory has been proven with Rebecca, as nowadays its taking 2 weeks dose 5ml 4 times daily to shift anything.

Problem is she is chesty-has an inhaler etc, but they cant officially diagnose asthma til 18months? Dr even said she has it. :?

I want one, she has an infection in the chest and throad, and its affecting her adenoids? :shock:

God knows, just getting sick of the whole antibiotics continuously, wish she was a baby that slept her illnesses off, but no, Im sure the sugar in the antibiotics makes her hyper lol! :D

hey hun i have recently heard that theres a herbal remedy tht u can give a child to boost their immune system, im wanting 2 get it 4 chloe n callum as tehy have been ill since they started nursery too, at this moment i cant remember the name, but ill update later wen ive spoke 2 teh woman who told me about it!!!!

Have you tryed giving her medised Kx?

KX said:
I

I want one, she has an infection in the chest and throad, and its affecting her adenoids? :shock:

Have they said anything about removing adenoids and/or tonsils to try and prevent such frequent problems.

Is it echinacae (sp?) that you're thinking of Yvannne.

Dionne said:

Yeah she used to sleep with it, but not anymore :roll:

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
KX said:
I

Have they said anything about removing adenoids and/or tonsils to try and prevent such frequent problems.

Is it echinacae (sp?) that you're thinking of Yvannne.

tht seems 2 ring a bell!!!

KX said:
Dionne said:

Yeah she used to sleep with it, but not anymore :roll:

Dior was the same she just got used to it in the end :roll:
but now Becky is 1 she can have 10mls i really noticed the differnece once i could up Diors dose.

failing that on a really bad night try a night time cough medicine it Knocks Dior out for the entire night :oops:

call me a bad mum but im happy knowing she has had a good night sleep then awake in pain :D

now Becky is 1 there are a few medicines that she can have now
Hope she lets you have some rest soon x x

I was told because Gabriel is asthmatic when he gets cold and cough I shouldn't give him any cough medicine to stop him coughing. Not sure how true this is it was the pharmacist at Boots who told me and I don't particularly trust them. Anyone know if this true?

we just found out Adele has Asthma :( doctors wont give her anything to help the cough at all except her inhalor wich i feel it makes it worse, only thing that kinda helps is putting her head over a hot bowel with vic in it and letting her breath all the vapours in

soz if this is no help hun

xx

I find if Gabriel has a cold inhaler does nothing. Gabriel's asthma flares up with pollen in hayfever season and in with the mould spores in late autumn. So we tend to use his inhaler then. We have a preventative one which we'll start using end of the month. Don't like using them unless he really needs them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->