my poor peanut :(

MomPepperdine

Reaction score
We recently moved to the woods (not my idea) and peanut (4yr old chihuahua) got a lil cut on his head and it became infected and swelled popped drained and I was putting anitbiotic cream on it. Its been doing really good! No more blood nothing for over a mo! Today he didn't come when I called him so I went out (in the deep ass snow pregnant and clutsy as is) with the flash light he came up running bout 10 mins after starting so we went to head in and the light shined on his face. His poor eye is popped almost out and dead! My hub works nights so I'm home alnone with the kids and I have to call my fil he drives an hr here then another hr and 30 min to the closest opened vet! They said they need $700 upfront to take his eye but not in pain so we can take him to another vet but needs done soon. We don't have any extra $ we are having a really hard time even keeping food :( I got him b4 I even had my first baby I've been crying for hrs trying to figure out how were going to do this :( I tried asking if they will do payments but no they said we can apply for a pet care card thing but my mom got me put into collections :( my heart is broken for my poor baby

Hub is meeting with fil after work (12.30 ish am) and bringing him home but I don't want the girls to see him :(

Im so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how devestating it can be to find your pet injured. I hope that everything works out for you and peanut.

Thank you! I spent the morning calling local vets (the whole time crying! I had NO control over) one lady gave me a # to a local vet that told us to come right in and they will do it for 150! They said his poor eye was full of blood and they don't think it was caused by the cut and think a large bird tried to get him! They took the eye out and are keeping him over night. I wish I could of seen him when he came out but its bout an hr+ drive there and hub had the truck so I couldn't. They told me he's doing good last time I talked to them. I wish they had a # I could call at night to talk to them but they said they will call me if something happens fil said he'd pick him up for us tomorrow since he's closer and knows were so tight on everything. He's trying to come up with some $ to help us! I can't wait to see my baby!

He's doing really good he doesn't seem to care he's missing an eye! Almost done with his meds (really lucky there takes them really well!) Hasn't ran into anything doesn't seem sad/depressed! I was worried bout that he's already doing things to make me crazy lol. He is a lil snippy to our youngest but she likes to garb and squeaze them and he's like leave me alone! Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->