My Poor Princess

KX

Reaction score
Well madam has suffered severe constipation since I transferred her from breast milk to formula at 6 weeks old-may be a coincidence tho.

Anyway the Dr prescribed suppositries from the age of 3 months and she has been on them since-not healthy if u ask me.

She doesnt poo unless u insert a suppositry, and she screams in agony when passing a stool-if u can call it that as its usually 5 little rabbit pellet balls.

I give her the suppositries 3 times a week so she only poo's 3 times a week. We tried everything, she eats lots of fruit and veg, prune juice, tropicana, drinks lots of water but to no avail.

Anyway lately she has been passing pellets with about 3 tablespoons of blood in her nappy. No signs of of haemorroids. The nursery have also had blood stained nappies. She screams sore sore when she poo's. so we eventually managed to get an appointment with our own GP.

He is referring her to a paedo as he is 99% sure she has a tear in her bowl and will need an op to rectify it.:cry:

It is very common-her daddy had the same thing at 2 years old!

The Dr said the problem is hereditory and is more common in girls.

I feel sad to be honest at the thought of her going under an anaesthetic so young, but I know there are children who are in a worse predicament than her.

So the Dr said she should be sorted with an appt and op by the end of Oct. I will have a new born then! ahhh.

It just pisses me off no end that I have continuously raised this throughout her life but was told that 1:when she went onto solids it would sort itself out-it didnt 2: when she became mobile and running about it would subside, it hasn't.

Its a shame she has had to endure such pain passing stools for so long.

In the mean time we have to keep giving her suppositries and lactulose.

Sorry its long but just had to get it off my saggy chest!lol

xxx

Ohh hunni!!

BIG hugs to rebecca ... if you need anything hun let me know its not a nice thing to happen to anyone let alone a little girl!

Im sure she will be a big brave girl, can you get your mum up or something? to help you out with the new baby so you can spend the time with rebecca?

Keep your chin up and remember, this is going to help her no end and you will have a happier little girl :)

xxx

Aww poor little thing :hugs:

Thomas was passing pellets and screaming in pain but it turns out it was the SMA Gold, changed him to C&G and he's been great.

Hope they take it seriously for you and get her sorted asap, there's nothing worse than watching your baby in pain :hugs:

Cx

oh hunni! bless your little princess!!!

i hope after the op she feels better xxxxxx

poor thing
Harley had this once and now if i dont give him 3 figrolls a day he will be in so muc pain

i tryed every thing he was having adult constipation medicine and it still wouldnt help his entire bum would swell up he would sweat and scream and it would be stuck half out ild have to push all round his bum to get it out and he would cut and bleed sooooo upsetting:cry:
now i no how my mum felt watching me give birth

dRS HERE WONT GIVE suppositries said they wont give them to babies!

try fid rolls your be supprised, i tryed every thing with Harley fresh juice everything but fig rolls have him exploding

Oh no, the poor thing! I hope that the op gets things sorted.

oh gosh :( poor rebecca!!!! i hope she is ok after op xxx

Poor Rebecca, It must be such a worry for you. Bless her x

poor lil woman :(

I hope they sort it for her though :hugs: x

really feel for you hun, Charlie was constipated for years, bt for diffrent reasons.

She wouldnt go for 2 weeks at a time then would have to go in hospital for a clear out, she was on 4 types of medication, movicol, fibre gel, sena and lacotouce (sp?) and it still didnt budge, she got very good at holding on to it.

My health vistor told me she could have disabilty aloowence, so i claimed for her and got the middle rate, plus then i got carers allownce on top.

Shes grown out of it now thank god, but to watch her in pain was truly horrible so i can sympathise in what your going through.

I hope her op sorts the problem out for her, best of luck

x

Aww poor little thing .. hope the op sorts it out for her. :hugs:

aww hun hugs! poor rebecca! Its horrible when they are constipated to see them in pain :-( I really hope this op will be the end of her pain, then it will be all worth it! Just a shame it took them so long to realise!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->