My Posterior Baby and Homebirth Story!!

xsammix

1 princess + expecting #2
Reaction score
Saturday 6th November – OVERDUE!!
I slept on and off throughout the night with the help of my trusty friend the hot water bottle on my back and the fan on my face.
I felt slightly more positive compared to what I had been feeling earlier in the week and decided that OH and I would go into town to do a bit of shopping and OH took the ushers to get measured for their suits for our wedding.
We also stopped off at TGI Fridays and had lunch with my mum who kept telling me that something was going to happen…..
When we got home she stayed a while and refused to let me sit down!! Telling me that we would go out for a walk and make some cakes….At this point I was tired, grouchy and having on and off contractions.
And after much bullying, a walk around the block and a batch of cupcakes I locked myself in the bathroom and ran a bath. . . .
I got in and mum came up to see if I was alright and managed to make me laugh….then I felt this trickle and thought I had had an accident in the bath until I realised I had no control over it so I stood up and GUSH. :happydance:
Cue: panic from OH and mum whilst I stood in the bath laughing and trickling!
The MW came out and I was contracting through X factor, CSI and One Night Only Bon Jovi – MW examined me and I was still only 3-4cms and by this time I was exhausted and just kept asking to go to bed, so the MW left and I attempted sleep.

Sunday 7th November
I awoke to NOTHING! :growlmad:
My MW came out to check me over and to discuss induction, which was booked in for 8am which would have been 36hours since waters broke. She advised that I relaxed and carried on as normal…
So off I went to my niece’s 3rd birthday party until whoosh another huge gush followed by more pain - off home we went.
I came home and attempted a nap and bounced on my ball where I was having contractions every 4mins…..until they just stopped!
So, I gave up. OH went out for some supplies ready to go in the hospital bag for the induction whilst I went to bed and gave bump a stern talking to as I was terrified of the prospect of being induced.
Then at around 10.30pm – BAM! I had the most intense contraction throughout the past few days of slow labour…but I refused to get my hopes up and tried to get comfortable until it happened again and again – So I reluctantly woke OH (who said this better be bloody it!) and off he went for a shower.
We came downstairs as the contractions were coming thick and fast and had me pacing up and down the living room like a headless chicken so I rang the MW, who arrived at around 11.30pm.
She sat and observed me, helping me by reminding me to actually breathe through the contractions. I continued contracting and the second MW arrived at about midnight.
I took to leaning over the birthing ball on all floors and rocking through the contractions, OH went to collect my mum as the MWs set up the living room.

Monday 8th November

01.15 in the morning…I was having such intense contractions aswell as an extreme pressure in my back and bottom. The contractions were now just rolling into one and I opted to have some Gas and Air which made me feel light headed and a little sick but
the contractions were just horrible, all the pain was in my back because he was posterior and I was finding it difficult to get into a position which made them more bearable. . .
I ended up on all fours again with my head in OHs lap and one of the MWs rubbing my back with my lavender oil!
As I began to have the urge to push (at about 1.35) My daughter (L) woke up because of the noise – I had been moaning quite loudly . . . at this point I panicked and began to :cry: thinking that she would be distressed and upset seeing me in pain but the MWs were brilliant and reassured me that she would be fine so Mum went up to get her.
She came downstairs, sat next to OH on the sofa looked at me and told me to be quiet because she was trying to read her magazine – so as I started to push she flicked through Chat!
Five minutes later, I pushed out the head; which was transverse as he had only managed half a turn. At 1.46am Finley Thomas was born with his big sister watching. :winkwink:
He immediately came to me for skin to skin where I sat there with him and L sat next to me saying hello to her baby brother . . . this will be a memory that I will never forget. :cloud9:
The cord was cut by OH once it had stopped pulsating – which I felt – and I delivered the placenta which overfilled the bowl and was checked for any cervical damage. I had a minor graze and that was it! Not bad for 5mins of pushing! Whilst this was happening OH was getting baby weighed and dressed and L went into the kitchen with my mum for a snack and came back and put Kung Fu Panda on the TV whilst I fed Finley and got into some PJS.

We sat there watching Kung Fu Panda as a family whilst the MWs tidied up, I was helped into bed and by around 3am everyone had gone and we were all asleep.

Official Established labour was recorded at being 2 hours and 1 minute – 31 hours after my waters had broken.

I am so glad that I got my homebirth as it was such a phenomenal experience, the MWs completely respected my birth plan – During established labour I didn’t have any internal examinations, I wasn’t told when or how to push and I felt as though I was in control of the entire thing. I was also lucky enough to have my baby delivered by the same MW who had seen me throughout my pregnancy.

I would highly recommend a home birth to anybody considering it!

:cloud9: Finley Thomas born at 1.46am on 8/11/2010 weighing 9lbs. :cloud9:

Attachments

• baby 102.jpg
    baby 102.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 20
  • finley 025.jpg
    finley 025.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
Congratulations Sammi it sounds like an amazin birth! Well done you! He is so gorgeous! I l love thst you watched Kung Fu panda straight after how cool is that??

Aww congratulations on your new edition :) That sounded a lovely birth! I would love to have a home birth, but frankly i wont be able to :( Maybe when im expecting #2 :)

Thank you for sharing your story! & Congratulations again xxxx

sammi - what a wonderful homebirth story - it sounded absolutely perfect and so lovely that your daughter watched her brother being born! Congrats on your beautiful little man!

congratulation on your gorgeous LO

Thank you for all the lovely comments :flower: xx

Congratulations and thank you for sharing :hugs:

Sammi this was a beautiful birth story, thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->