• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Progression and Test reviews

WhosThatGirl

Mommy of 4 amazing kids!
Reaction score
SO I have used 2 brands of OPK's for this cycle. I started off with Answer brand dip sticks (40 miu i believe). I purchased these because the IC's (Stated to be 20 miu)I had ordered on Ebay and not yet arrived.

Once the IC's arrived I started using them as well as kept using the answer so I dipped each stick in the same urine.

The answer brand are the "larger" sticks that say "ovulation" and the IC's are just the plain looking ones. I am impressed with the answer brand- the lines are much clearer and they are easier to read. They were 17.00 for a pack of 20 sticks at walmart.

The IC's are all faint, even when I had a blazing positive (imo) on the answer, it was negative on the IC.

I feel that had I only been using the IC's I might have missed my ovulation window because the tests aren't really obvious that I was ovulating. I'm sure I did ovulate yesterday/today because last night I had ovulation pains and have had EWCM since last night into today. The answer brand looked "Almost" positive for awhile and was a bit confusing but this mornings was a def positive. The test line was darker then the control line within 30 seconds of dipping it in the pee.

Below you can see my progression this far. I really don't feel in my opinion the IC's meet up to the Answer brand. And they really were not all that much cheaper. If this cycle isn't it for me I think I will stick with the answer brand dip sticks next cycle. Though I am confused if the test is LESS sensitive why I had better results?

Here are the pics.. click to view larger.
Answer brand tests:

https://i39.tinypic.com/2vkdch1.jpg

IC's:
https://i42.tinypic.com/i2qbv6.jpg

I am looking forward to hearing opinions on the tests... does everybody else agree that based on the answer dip sticks, last nights and todays are my true :bfp: I am confused looking at the IC from this morning (CD 14 7am) vs. the answer one from the same time. The answer is a blazing positive and the IC is a super faint line that hardly shows up in the picture. So confusing! But my body is telling me that I am ovulating. But if I was not aware of the Ovulation symptoms or ONLY relied on the IC's i very well might have missed my window. I am NOT impressed with the IC's!!

Thanks ladies!

*UPDATE*
I just took one more IC OPK. I got what I guess is the closest thing to a positive that I will get with an IC. It's just funny that the same brand IC a few hours ago was pretty much negative (But the answer brand opk was positive). I am glad to see finally a somewhat positive using the IC's but I don't think I will purchase anymore of these- I will stick with answer brand OPK.

https://i42.tinypic.com/2jfewso.jpg

WOW, what a difference! I have used a brand name OPK in the past that was very clear and easy to read (test line as dark as the control line) and then this month I used some internet cheapies that confused the hell out of me (see my post from last week). My line on the cheapies got gradually darker, but at its darkest it still wasn't as dark as the control line, but then it started getting lighter until there was no line at all!

I would definitely stick with the brand name ones! I will have to find those at Walmart if I don't get my BFP this month! I hope you caught the egg and get your BFP! Good luck!

Also, I just noticed the times you have on some of the OPKs... they say it is best to test between 11:00am and 8:00pm because you usually have your LH surge in the morning but it isn't reflected in your urine until later in the day. It's odd that you got that strong of a positive so early in the morning!

I have a bit of an odd sleep schedule- that might be why? The weird thing is when I tested with hpts during my chemical pregnancy last month, I had stronger positive results with my 2nd morning urine vs. my 1st morning.

I have been using Answer as well. My results have looked like CD 14 on the dates that I felt I was ovulating. Are you now pregnant? If so, do you think that you conceived due to CD 14 results from Answer? I am becoming frustrated with the tests and I think my husband is becoming annoyed with me!
My other question is about your symptoms of ovulation. I sometimes feel crampy and tenderness in my breasts. Do you have the same or more symptoms? Do you think that I need to have sex before those symptoms occur or do you think the egg already dropped during those symptoms? Sorry for all of the questions. I just did not think it would be this much work and planning. I appreciate your advice!!

SO I have used 2 brands of OPK's for this cycle. I started off with Answer brand dip sticks (40 miu i believe). I purchased these because the IC's (Stated to be 20 miu)I had ordered on Ebay and not yet arrived.

Once the IC's arrived I started using them as well as kept using the answer so I dipped each stick in the same urine.

The answer brand are the "larger" sticks that say "ovulation" and the IC's are just the plain looking ones. I am impressed with the answer brand- the lines are much clearer and they are easier to read. They were 17.00 for a pack of 20 sticks at walmart.

The IC's are all faint, even when I had a blazing positive (imo) on the answer, it was negative on the IC.

I feel that had I only been using the IC's I might have missed my ovulation window because the tests aren't really obvious that I was ovulating. I'm sure I did ovulate yesterday/today because last night I had ovulation pains and have had EWCM since last night into today. The answer brand looked "Almost" positive for awhile and was a bit confusing but this mornings was a def positive. The test line was darker then the control line within 30 seconds of dipping it in the pee.

Below you can see my progression this far. I really don't feel in my opinion the IC's meet up to the Answer brand. And they really were not all that much cheaper. If this cycle isn't it for me I think I will stick with the answer brand dip sticks next cycle. Though I am confused if the test is LESS sensitive why I had better results?

Answer brand tests:

IC's:

I am looking forward to hearing opinions on the tests... does everybody else agree that based on the answer dip sticks, last nights and todays are my true :bfp: I am confused looking at the IC from this morning (CD 14 7am) vs. the answer one from the same time. The answer is a blazing positive and the IC is a super faint line that hardly shows up in the picture. So confusing! But my body is telling me that I am ovulating. But if I was not aware of the Ovulation symptoms or ONLY relied on the IC's i very well might have missed my window. I am NOT impressed with the IC's!!

Thanks ladies!

*UPDATE*
I just took one more IC OPK. I got what I guess is the closest thing to a positive that I will get with an IC. It's just funny that the same brand IC a few hours ago was pretty much negative (But the answer brand opk was positive). I am glad to see finally a somewhat positive using the IC's but I don't think I will purchase anymore of these- I will stick with answer brand OPK.

Answer brand tests:

IC's:

Thanks ladies!

*UPDATE*

I LOVE your pics and congratulations! I like Answer OPKs too! I am trying the IC green one' s like you and I do not like them either...

I am pregnant, but not from the cycle these ovulation tests were from. Theser were from a few months ago, it is an old thread that got dug up somehow. This cycle i concieved I was using "Wondfo" brand OPK's from ebay.

I Od on Cd-14 so it was nice to see someone else O early, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->