My quest to eat healthier [Journal]

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
So I really need to eat healthier, I always feel tired and crappy even though I get 8hrs or more of sleep. So I figured a journal may help me along the way, and if anyone else wants to come and join me we can help each other out.

So yesterday it started, I had my daily v8 juice (1 serve of fruit and 1 of veg in each serve!), doesn't taste bad at all so don't mind drinking it. I also had a croisant (bad I know but it was lonely there in the box), also had a freddo frog (this is my biggest addiction and once that I always give in to way to easily).

I did have a chicken and salad wrap for lunch though, I cooked the salad in a frying pa without oil so thats gotta be healthy. I also drank a bottle of water throughout the day (extremely cold is the only way I will). But when me and mum went shopping I screwed up and had an iced chocolate and double choc muffin. Then had a chicken roll for tea.

I am getting better, normally I wouldn't eat lunch coz I get too damn lazy. I should start going for a walk but in all honesty I don't want to, i'm not fat and if I lose anymore weight i'll look like a stick. I just hope I don't lose any from eating healthier, but surely if I can't gain it then I can't lose it right?

So today I have started good, it's 9:30am and I have had my daily juice. I normally have toast with butter for brekkie, as my once favourite milk now makes me feel ill. Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy breakfast idea? I'm not the biggest fruit fan especially for brekkie though. Perhaps I should be...

I usually just have toast for breakfast but OH has porridge. He gets a big bag of porridge oats from the supermarket for about 50p and puts a cupful into a bowl then fills the bowl with milk and sticks it in the microwave for a couple of minutes then puts a spoonful of sugar in to make it a bit sweeter.

If milk is making you feel ill then I would suggest going to the doctor to see if you had a food intolerance to it or something....

Good luck with your healthy eating, I am going to start doing the same thing as have gone from a size 6 to a size 10 in the past few months. I'm not overweight but just have a podgy bit round my tummy!

I will keep dropping in.

Good luck!!

xxx

P.S you can make the porridge with water if milk is making you feel ill. Have you tried soya milk?

My family have a history of being sensitive to dairy, I used to be able to drink it all the time. My mum thinks it could be my body warning me not to spread the antibodies onto Savannah. I had forgotten about porridge! I can have milk in porridge :)

So today I ended up having another chicken and salad wrap, a couple of glasses of juice (trying to resist having coke). I failed... I had 2 cans of coke, but no chocolate!! Thats a step up for me, especially as I have some in my room. Other than that I had 4 pieces of toast with butter, and bacon carbonara for the day.

I was going so good... until Dad brought out the chocolates... So me being the chocoholic I am had 3 mini ones. I could've said no, I wasn't craving them but just coz they were there I had to. :dohh:

I am getting better, normally I wouldn't eat lunch coz I get too damn lazy. I should start going for a walk but in all honesty I don't want to, i'm not fat and if I lose anymore weight i'll look like a stick. I just hope I don't lose any from eating healthier, but surely if I can't gain it then I can't lose it right?

Try eating 3 small main meals and 2 snacks...

You may not lose weight walking but you may tone up which is always a plus and good for general health.

Oooh i'm going to keep track of this thread, i desperatley want to eat healthier! I'm ADDICTED to chocolate!! Its so so bad! I'm gonna try with you i think!! Me and OH are going shopping tonight so i'm going to try get everything nice and healthy!! xxx

Would be terrific to have someone to do this with. I have failed the past couple of days :cry:
But today is a new day and a new start.

Okay, so bought (mostly) healthy stuff!! Veg, organic stuff etc.
But ive slipped up a few times today. Oops.
Had a choccy bar and 2 hot chocolates, and a scrambled egg which started off nice and healthy but i added like mounds (and mounds) of cheese!! And havnt eaten anything very healthy! Except for wholemeal bread! yay!
Meh. Tommorows another day! x

lol, we're as bad as each other... I had my healthy drink and a healthy tea last night and then I had snacks of unhealthy stuff in between. I'm falling into my old habits. Today will be the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->