• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My scan!!!

Skywalker

Reaction score
I had a VERY stressful day but a beautiful pause in that stress was seeing my baby, measuring 12 weeks and 4 days, kicking, hiccuping, ninja karate chopping, and generally being adorable! Heartbeat of 161 and then she checked again later and it was 163. Are those good heartbeats for 12 weeks and 4 days? She has such a cute and pudgy belly! I can't figure out how to flip my pictures. So annoying, but here they are! The top left most picture is the best one to be able to see what she looks like! I keep saying she, I was NOT told the gender or even a guess at the scan, but I still maintain that it is a girl :D :cloud9:

Attachments

• 20131030_183517.jpg
    20131030_183517.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20131030_183534.jpg
    20131030_183534.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20131030_183559.jpg
    20131030_183559.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 44
Congratulations! So exciting and glad baby is happy and healthy. What's making you think she's a girl?

Congratulations! So exciting and glad baby is happy and healthy. What's making you think she's a girl?

I just have had this strong intuition from the beginning, like I just know! I keep referring to her as "her" without even meaning to lol

Cool. I was thinking girl, then I was thinking twins, now I don't know what I'm thinking!

YAAAAY!!!
So you are measuring right on?
Heart beat sounds perfect. I don't think I can see a nub but by the looks of the skull deff looks girly from what I can see :D
Bet you feel so much better after seeing an actual baby in there and not just a blob lol!
I just booked mine, won't have it till the Monday after next so ill be 13 weeks. I thought I'd give it an extra week seems I got to see baby on Monday :)

YAAAAY!!!
So you are measuring right on?
Heart beat sounds perfect. I don't think I can see a nub but by the looks of the skull deff looks girly from what I can see :D
Bet you feel so much better after seeing an actual baby in there and not just a blob lol!
I just booked mine, won't have it till the Monday after next so ill be 13 weeks. I thought I'd give it an extra week seems I got to see baby on Monday :)

Yes! I felt so much better seeing her in there moving around, looking like a baby! I had a terrible morning with crying and upset, lots of physical exertion and stress with 5 days of moving home and office, fights, etc., and before that a week of terrible morning sickness, so I was somewhat worried that all would not be so well on the scan, or she'd be moving around all dazed from the stress. But there she was stretching those legs out and kicking! And waving her little hands! She was so active it was hard for the tech to even do the ultrasound :happydance: Thanks for the guess on the skull theory!! I did ask the tech to try to see the nub but we couldn't get a good angle of my little girl. Lol, I so know it's a girl.

I bet you are so excited for your scan! I don't know how you're waiting until 13 weeks. I would have gone crazy. I was almost late for my ultrasound appointment today because of traffic and called ahead to warn them and the receptionist told me that if I'm too late, we'll have to reschedule, so I told now ex-OH, "DRIVE FAST! WE CANNOT MISS THIS APPOINTMENT!" Lol

And it was so funny... the woman told me on the phone, a receptionist I'm guessing, to empty my bladder an hour before, and then drink 1 litre of fluids. I did this on the way to the appointment and we hit traffic. So all the way there I am moaning and squirming and saying, "OH GOD IT HURTS!" and begging the ex to pull over but he ignored me and kept driving, thank god, so I got there on time. They were merciful and let me let some out a few times and then once she'd done the nuchal measurements she told me to just go empty my bladder so we could get some pictures.

Congrats. I hope you get your girl, it can be quite a shock when you have a really strong intuition and then you're wrong. I adore my little guy now though ;-)

I know this is going to sound horrible, but I hope that this baby is NOT a boy, simply because my ex-OH is quite the cheater and treats women the way you should never treat women, and I hate the idea of him giving my son advice or bad ideas or even just setting a bad example. I hate that aspect of my ex-OH so much that if I started seeing it in my own child, who I would love nonetheless, it would be really hard for me to deal with and harder to know how to tackle as far as my OH seeing our baby and the trouble that might cause between us. I did start having an intuition that it was a girl right from the start, though, before the above thought even occurred to me, and I would absolutely love this baby if it were a boy and raise him as right as I possibly can so that he could know the difference between right and wrong conduct and look at his dad with pity instead of awe or wanting to mimic him, but I just really feel that it is a girl and I hope I am right. I know this is probably really horrible and selfish for me to want a girl for that reason but I do know that no matter what, this baby is loved and I will put my all into being the best mother I possibly can be. It will just be much more of a challenge if this baby is a boy where my ex-OH is concerned!

And anyway, for now, I am so excited to see my healthy baby moving all around in there, hiccuping, with a little nose and little fingers and little legs and little toes! <3 I'm so in love :cloud9: <3 :happydance:

Congratulations! Those pics are amazing!

I've also been convinced ours is a girl from the start, although not gong to find out so could be a shock at the birth!

Have you started thinking of names?

Aww congrats on your scan. I don't know any of the skull theory so could not even hazard a guess. I remeber my sister in law being convinced she was having a girl and she had a boy and my friend was convinced she was having a boy, so much so she bought clothes for him (this was before they would tell you gender) and when she had the baby they said congrats you have a girl and she kept saying no he's a boy. They both got over it fairly quick though and love their children with all their hearts.
Hopefully you are right and have a little girl kicking about and growing away in there, but I am sure either way your baby girl or boy will be loved.
Remember too that boys CAN learn how to treat women from their fathers, but girls too learn how to expect to be treated from them too, if that makes sense. I think the fact that you did not put up with being treated badly sends out the strongest message to your baby about respect. Your baby will learn from you.

Congratulations!!! I am sooo looking forward to my 11 week scan in a week. I hope I will get as great pics as you did :)

Congrats! Nice scans. I know how you feel with your intuition. In my head I call baby a girl, but for me I think it's just the desire to have a little princess since I already have my prince :)

Aww congratulations lovely scan pic it's amazing when you see your baby I would love for this baby to be a girl I have a lot of boys so it's doughtful ha ha

Congrats! Great pics!

I also have a huge intuition that I have a boy in there. Isn't that funny that we get these intuitions?

Congrats. Great pics. From the nub shot it looks girly. Hopefully stays that way for you.

did you measure the same as your EDD by the why skywalker or are you further ahead/behind than you thought? lovely scan pics, better than mine, well jealous haha!!
I hope you get your girl, I'm thinking boy with mine hmm be cool to see at 20 weeks what answers we all get!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->