My Section Story :)

Sarah27

Reaction score
My Rainbow baby Ruby arrived safe on Tues 21st of Feb at 9:20am by elective c section.

I chose to have a section as Ruby was due very close to my angels 2nd Birthday and I also suffered a 3rd degree tare whilst delivering him sooo I was very dubious about natural labour again.

I have previously had a crash section 6 years ago with my LC....which was fine and dandy.

This time however it was a little harder. Ruby arrived after a few minutes, however the surgeon did have to work extra hard as the scar tissue from my previous section was stuck to my bladder, which was bit gross. Because of this they had to go into my uterus higher up than normal where the actual uterine tissue is much thicker and denser, therefore taking longer!

When Ruby was born she didn't keep her colour so had to be rushed to scbu which is when I started to feel like I was going to pass out.... Having delivered my stillborn son Matthew, a calm elective section was meant to go smoothly with no hitches.... so the rush to get the peadatrician (sp?) and the resuss unit was not how it was meant to be. She was taken to scbu and observed for 3 hours. This was mainly as she had mucus on her chest... a common problem with section babies.....

Sooo I was about to throw up or pass out or just feel like I was going to die, so I had a few wet flannels on my face which kept me cool and feeling abit more human.... and a really good team in the operating theatre kept me updated... I think I was in love the nice man who did my spinal he really really looked after me. I was out of theatre by about 11ish it took a long time to sew me back together this time!

I lost two pints of blood and had to stay in recovery most of the day as I wasn't passing urine... but to be fair I hadn't had a drink in over 24 hours so they started to fill me with jugs of water and cups of tea, which kick started my bladder and finally I was allowed to go back to the ward and meet my lovely rainbow baby again!

I was out of hossy in 2 days and altho have healed well at home I have got an infection in my wound which all i can say is that after three babies my stomach muscles are not what they used to be so I do have a bit of a flap! Which is soo worth it for my precious little rainbow baby to be here safe and sound! And due to the amount of blood that I lost I have to have iron tablets for the next 2 months, cue black poop! Lovely!

So good luck all you ladies waiting for sections! And anyone who is having a Rainbow! You do get to bring home the baby this time! Although I still don't think it has sunk in yet!

Lots of love to you all xx

what a beautiful story !!! :) im due to go in and have my first c section on thursday and hoping it goes smothly !

congratulations on the brith of your little one - i bet shes beautifull!! xx

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! I'm sorry things didn't go exactly as planned for you but glad everything is ok now. I'm going in for my first c section next Friday. Really scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->