My situation is, well weird..any advice?

Hm. Couldn't they just give him an HIV test - I mean, if he hasn't had any partners in the last 6 months.... I mean, they don't quarantine all blood after it's donated do they - they ask screening questions and then test the blood?

Good luck!

A

Vagirl2010, The only thing i can think of is that you go to the other fertility clinic and jsut dont tell them that you are not married then maybe you will be able to go straight forward with the treatment. A friend of mine years ago did the same thing and all went well her daughter is now 17 and the father has been a regular part of her life and still is.
Good Luck

just wanted to say that i did at-home-insem with known donor and it only took me three cycles to get my bfp...we both had full std checks done before we started, apart from being a bit awkward it went well...i'd be more than happy to share my story with you x

Hi Vagirl 2010
Another Devils Advocate, you both want a baby, maybe sex isnt such a bad idea?!!! I know its not ideal and the act could be kind of awkward but think what you'd both be getting and you wouldn't have had to go through all the red tape and expense. I'm not trying to offend its just a thought and having thought about it myself the worst thing for me would be that it was my friend of 20 years Id be a bit embarresed!!

I've tried in home insem. with my husband's sperm on the days he isn't up for BD'ing. It is easy. I did read about the air bubble, but it is easy to make sure there is no air. You use a needleless syringe (I got mine through Amazon) and push out all the air first. Then you suck up the sperm and push it out until there are no air bubbles. Then you insert.

The other way you can do it is to have your friend ejaculate into an Instead cup. Then you just insert the cup into your vagina and kind of mush it up near the cervix. You don't have to worry at all about air bubbles that way.

Good luck to you!

Sorry, haven't read all responses, but what about using Softcups? He can put his sperm in the cup, you insert it, and that's it.

Good luck!

(Um, have now read all the posts and realize heart tree already offered this advice! Sorry!)

I researched at home insemination a few months back, as I had to have vulval surgery for cancer so for my OH and I, intercourse was not an option, and there are various non-dangerous methods.

One of the easiest is to use softcups, with a little pressed. Your donor places his sperm directly into a new, and therefore sterile softcup, and you place it inside you for up to 8 hours. You would benefit from a few minutes lay down with your butt on a pillow, and would benefit even more from an orgasm.

Otherwise you could use a sterile syringe to place the sperm directly at the wntrance to the cervix. As long as you expel air, there is no danger. Again preseed could help things flow a little, and a littel saline in teh syringe can help the consistency. Again follow this by lying down on cushions and an orgasm.

I see no reason to pay anything for donor insemination if you are both healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->