my story and wondering if more fertile after m/c

clare22

Reaction score

hello all, just wanting to rant and share my questions and story.

i had a miscarriage nearly a month ago at about 7 weeks pregnant. i was completely devastated and it was made worse by the people at the a+e when i went there with first spotting and cramps. first the horrible nurse took my urine test and just simply told me the test was negative for pregnancy with a shrug. i asked her how could this be if i had a positive and if it could be a mistake as i had drank a lot of water. she simple just said no that was not possible and sent me off on my own down the hall for a blood test alone crying.

the doctor was not at all concerned about me being upset and barely even gave me eye contact, he too didn't believe i was pregnant but i did a re test and it was a slight positive. i then was booked in for a early scan and sent on my way. i was so upset and furious with how i was treated at the hospital. how could they treat people like that?!!? i later had a natural miscarriage with no need for a d+c which another unsympathetic doctor telling me that was good news and told me to wait one cycle before trying again.

i was wondering if people feel you are more fertile after a mc and if others concieved quickly after a m/c?

I have wondered the same thing?? Is it safe to get pregnant before you have a period??

I'm really sorry you had a bad experience at A&E :( It sounds like it was awful!

I was able to concieve when I ovulated 3 weeks after my MC (natural one at 6+4) with no AF in-between. It took me 5 months to get that BFP. My OB told me you have an additional 10% chance of MC in the three months following one, but I don't know how true that is.

I've seen many MANY women on here that have conceived right after an MC with no AF between and are having healthy pregnancies or carried to term. I'll admit it didn't help me being so paranoid for around the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy, but since then I've settled.

Good luck :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss. It is such a painful experience and to have the medical personnel treat you so horribly during such a time in incredibly cruel, I am so sorry.

My doctor told me that there is an increased chance of miscarriage in the two mos following a mc. But like someone else mentioned I have known people that have mc and went on to have a healthy pregnancy right after.

Hi

Dr told me it was best to wait for one af before ttc but never said why. Tbh though after mc if there is an increased chance of a bfp, wouldn't you take it?

xx

i have had 2 mmc, and both times they have stressed the importance of waiting till you have one peiod yet never tell you why x

I'm really sory for your loss and the way you were treated. My MC was about a month ago and I was also almost 7 weeks so I know how you're feeling now. :hugs:

There seems to be conflicting advice about whether it's safe or not. I've seen a lot of posts where Dr's have advised there's an increased chance of miscarriage however I've seen just as many which have said you're more fertile so go for it. I don't know if there's ever been any proper studies on it tbh, I certainly haven't found any on the web, I think the advice varies dependant on Dr's experiences.

Apparently you're lining is likely to be better for eggy to implant into after a miscarraige as any debris which may usually be left after a period is clear and the extra pregnancy hormones you have in your system may also help (although not HCG) I don't know however why getting pregnant again after could cause another mc.

In my case I had a scan the day after I started bleeding at 6+5 weeks pregnant and the technician said my lining was already nice and smooth, everything had come away although hadn't come through the cervix yet. I passed the broken sack that evening and only bleed properly for about 5 days, after that it was light then spotting.

We decided to go straight ahead and try again, it took us 8 months to get our BFP and we decided we didn't want to miss a chance if fertility is higher. My Mum also had a miscarriage then conceived me within the 3 months after so we're hoping for the same success!! I'm currently about 5dpo according to my temps however I never actually got a peak on my monitor, by how I feel though and the increase in temps I am sure I have ovulated, maybe random hormaones have masked my LH surge?? IDK, either way I feel better for giving it a shot this month!!

Best of luck with whatever you decide. I hope you get your rainbow baby soon. xx

Doctor told me to wait 2 cycles before ttc again. I did, and got pregnant right after my 2nd period (post D&C).

But then I miscarried again (naturally, this time) at 6-7 weeks, so I'm sorry to say that even though I was plenty fertile, it still didn't help me any.

Good luck to you. I hope it works out better for both of us this next time.

I am a nurse in an ob clinic and yes you are more fertile but doctors suggest to wait at least one cycle. I did and got preg straight away after a loss at 8 weeks after seeing a heartbeat.. Was so hard. Anyway I am 14 weeks with a good pregnancy so far.

A big reason to wait one cycle is to let the uterus recuperate and go back to normal size also for the chemicals and hormones to drop- then level out nicely. Hormones play a big role in ovulation and maintaining a pregnancy after a loss it can go haywire and may not understand the body is pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->