my story and wondering if more fertile after m/c

clare22

Reaction score

hello all, just wanting to rant and share my questions and story.

i had a miscarriage nearly a month ago at about 7 weeks pregnant. i was completely devastated and it was made worse by the people at the a+e when i went there with first spotting and cramps. first the horrible nurse took my urine test and just simply told me the test was negative for pregnancy with a shrug. i asked her how could this be if i had a positive and if it could be a mistake as i had drank a lot of water. she simple just said no that was not possible and sent me off on my own down the hall for a blood test alone crying.

the doctor was not at all concerned about me being upset and barely even gave me eye contact, he too didn't believe i was pregnant but i did a re test and it was a slight positive. i then was booked in for a early scan and sent on my way. i was so upset and furious with how i was treated at the hospital. how could they treat people like that?!!? i later had a natural miscarriage with no need for a d+c which another unsympathetic doctor telling me that was good news and told me to wait one cycle before trying again.

i was wondering if people feel you are more fertile after a mc and if others concieved quickly after a m/c?

Some people say that you are but I dont think there is a real answer - I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I am sorry for your loss and the experience you had to endure. I also heard that you are but as for me I had to losses and they were a year apart and we are still trying today after our last lost in March...:hugs:

Im hoping its true myself but Im so sorry you had to go through that... how awful :hugs:

thank you all for your kind words and i am too sorry to hear of your losses :hug:

i am debating weather to wait to try or try again now

:dust:

I hope its true. I just had a loss & I hope we get pregnant again soon! I may be having my af now (idk long story I made a post about it) but if this is af hopefullly this month will be our month!

I am so sorry for your horrible experince! Its devastating knowing your losing your LO let alone have people around you how couldn't care less. My LOs HB stopped at 8 weeks but I couldn't pass it naturally so had to have a D&C which was on the 18th of May gave my girly bits a week to recover ( and us too) then we started at it straight away. I just read on another thread that one of the ladies conceived straight after her loss, so it is very possible. And when I spoke to my Dr he said the only reason they want you to wait is for dating purposes, which doesn't really count anymore seen as they take measurements to date these days.

Once again I am truly sorry for how you were treated. I wish you all the very best for the future xx

I managed to conceive on my first cycle after AF following MC in late April.

:dust::dust::dust:

To you all, there is hope :hugs:

its so comforting to know that other people are in the same boat and that they care:winkwink::winkwink:
im going to try and then hope for the best :winkwink::winkwink:
thank u everyone for your replys

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I MC in April at 9+ wks, naturally.
I fell pregnant 2wks later and I'm 9 weeks today. In the past it's always taken approximately 3+ months TTC.
Emotionally its been quite hard being pregnant so soon, feel almost scared to get attached, but as the weeks go by it gets better and Im keeping hopeful Looking forward to my 12 wk scan soon
Hth
Jo
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back