My Story Conception, Pregnancy & Birth

shazzybear8

mommy of Josh
Reaction score
Hi my names Sharon always liked a drama in life and having a baby was no different so here's my story.

Got married January 06 to my OH John, came off pill April 06 and thought i would fall pregnant right away... Sept 06 still not pregnant DR sent me to see Consultant. Eventually got appointment April 07 to be told at 5ft 8in and 11stone size 12 come back October 07 when you have lost a stone in weight... I was raging... So decided to go private have no patience with things May 07 seen my private DR amazing man who told me he would frighten me into getting pregnant and we'l do twins.... thought OMG twins know I just want the one lol... anyway done tests June, bloods, HSG check my tubes werent blocked all fine start 1st course IUI July 07 arrived at hosp done internal scan make sure not pregnant had my drugs already to take but was told my NHS smear test not up to standards for private hosp couldnt beleive it.... felt let down again. Booked my smear test following week and my lovely wee nurse was telling me all about her daughter falling pregnant before she started treatment and you think this only happens to other people.....
New I couldnt start treatment Aug because it would fall with me being on holiday Sept for treatment so was going to be the Oct 07 before i could start my treatment...
On 9th Aug my OH said I think your pregnant had this awfull stitch in my side done a test and the faintest pink line every... put it in the bin and thought no more until i went to work the next day and was looking on the net and it said no matter how faint pink line your pregnant..... On my way home thought I'll buy the test that tells you that your pregnant cant go wrong with that... done the test and came up :bfp: couldnt beleive it..... Baby due 19th April 08
All fine with pregnancy although got massive quick....found out at 17weeks I was having a boy named Josh mines and Johns 1st two initials of both our names how cheesy.... all well until i hit 22wks when they discovered I had Pg diabetes so was refered to consultant.... By that time I had high blood pressure and protein in my urine sign of preclampsia.... and pubis symphysis this problem is the sorest thing ever.
So they decided I had to have hosp run midwife care, mon, wed, fri at hosp on monitors and scans....
At the begining of March i kept saying to my consultant just section me get it over with I was 32-33weeks to be told you'l have this baby yourself and be fullterm ha!! you must be joking... Got to easter weekend Sat 22nd March decided to keep me in hosp protein getting worse, heart starting to race and diabetes getting out of control which is a sign to deliver baby.... Got out of hosp on the sunday felt they hadnt done much put me on a baby monitor for 30mins before i went to bed....
Mon back to hosp let out, tue day off, wed 26th march woke up not well and sick phoned hosp come up right away, protein reading couldnt measure it anymore it was that bad.... decided to keep me in again!! Had appoint with consultant in afternoon so went down to see her and begged her to start me at 36wks 4days, done internal to be told 2cm dilated... was never told if i was actually in labour altho i dont think so... OK we will start you today.... OMG I had to sit down couldnt beleive I was going to have my baby.... Phoned OH get my bags this is it and bring Josh's this time so exciting....
Wed night Gel put in OH told to go home, thu 27th morning 10am internal DR so rough seeing well it was a male.... my waters broke... thank god i was in hosp or i would have flooded the house lol... 12pm taken to labour suite to be put on drips for diabetes... Gas n Air that stuff makes you feel drunk with pain lol... had diamorphine and you can have epidural when you want.. 5mins later can i have an epidural lol.... all abit of a bur to much drugs but was good in no pain.... 5pm 5cm dialated contractions slowed down, decided to put drip up to get things going again 6.30pm drip up my lovely midwife Lyn finished shift 7pm and Mary who looked like the school materon came on thought oh my god she's going to deliver my baby.... This woman turned out to be a god send she was fab... 7.30pm my kidneys werent working they were pumping fluid into my body and nothing coming out... 8.15pm my heart was racing 180 beats a minute and couldnt keep myself wakened was on all sorts machines, baby monitors, drips, consultant after consultant when Mary demanded I just be sectioned... 9.06pm Josh was born managed to pull myself together and keep wakened until he was born... he was so gorgeous and small couldnt beleive it 6lb 12oz..
John was given Josh to feed him to get his sugar levels up because of my diabetes, ended up with 3 bottles then sick, Mary arranged for him to be taken to Special Care to be monitored he was fine.
I had a recovery team ready to work on my once i was stitched up although didnt know this at the time. I had to be worked on for 4hours to get my kidneys to work, had a line put in my heart, xrays, you name it! Then I was to go Intensive Care but no beds so was kept in labour suite with Mary in my room on 8 machines monitoring fluids going into my body and out, heart machines, oxygen.. All a bit of a blur just can remember wanting a drink and they wouldnt give me it.. incase it overloaded my heart. Must say Mary looked after me and Josh done all the paper work she was fab couldnt have asked for a better midwife..... John said she never stopped from when she started that shift until she finished with me and John....
Fri 28th got to go up to special care and see Josh about 11am once they took me off monitors... 9pm that night was taken to normal ward with other mums.. although felt weird all the other mums had there babies and I didnt have mine but was just too unwell to look after him. Josh was well enough to join me on the saturday afternoon although alittle jaundice.
Got out hosp Monday 31st March yepee...

Thats my story next time round will be a section again and hopefully no problems....

this is a lovely story congrats hun im glad everythin worked out for you xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->