My Story

Rin731

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
Sorry, long post. :blush:

I was on BCP ( several different ones) from March 07-June 09, and got off due to side effects. At the time I was in a long term relationship.

My fiance of 3 yrs and I broke up in Jan 2010. Afterward I wasn't quite myself, and for various reasons, I took Plan B in March 2010, and got a period. At this point, I hadn't had a period since Dec 09, due to stress (I assume).

I started BCP again in August 2010. I had to quit mid cycle due to side effects AGAIN. I hadn't had a period since the one after Plan B in March. I began one on 9-5-10, and it was awful. Cramps so bad I almost passed out. Then 2 weeks later I had heavy spotting and cramps for a morning. I tested last week, 2 :bfn:

I am now happily engaged to be married next month, :wedding: and DH and I are planning on children right away. Due to planning the wedding, changing degrees in school, and house hunting, I have been under a lot of stress.

I'm just so worried that with my history of irregular periods, I will have a hard time conceiving. DH and I BD nearly everyday, and are NTNP right now.

I am excited/wary, since my cycles have NEVER been normal.

NOW, to get to the point of my post, LOL! :haha:

-Any advice on conceiving for someone with history of irregular periods?

:dust:

Thanks so much! :hugs:

~Rin

I should also mention that I haven't had a period yet in October, but 2 BFN last week when I tested. :-S

Hi, I'm afraid I don't have much advice for you but didn't weant to read and run. :hugs:

Have you seen a doctor at all? Stress could be the reason your periods have been absent, but it is worth getting checked out in case you have a hormone imbalance or another issue. It may well be worth going to your doctor and getting bloods etc just to make sure everything is working as it should be - they should be able to advise you on what to do and perhaps give you medication to help you ovulate/menstruate. Not saying anything is wrong, but could help you out!

Good luck with NTNP! x

Hi, I'm afraid I don't have much advice for you but didn't weant to read and run. :hugs:

Have you seen a doctor at all? Stress could be the reason your periods have been absent, but it is worth getting checked out in case you have a hormone imbalance or another issue. It may well be worth going to your doctor and getting bloods etc just to make sure everything is working as it should be - they should be able to advise you on what to do and perhaps give you medication to help you ovulate/menstruate. Not saying anything is wrong, but could help you out!

Good luck with NTNP! x

Thanks. :hugs:
The only problem with going to the dr is I don't have insurance, so that's really a last resort. :wacko:

hi hun, first of all hugs for you. It does sound like your irregular periods could either be down to stress, or because you have stopped the pill. It sounds like your under a bit of stress right now. What i would do, is get all the wedding done, let your body have a nice break from bcp. After the wedding keep a check on your cycle lengths, it could be that its going to take a couple of months for your body to regulate its self and get used to not having the hormones anymore. As much as you can relax. If things aren't settling down maybe after christmas, go see your dr. See if they can help with some advice.

hi hun, first of all hugs for you. It does sound like your irregular periods could either be down to stress, or because you have stopped the pill. It sounds like your under a bit of stress right now. What i would do, is get all the wedding done, let your body have a nice break from bcp. After the wedding keep a check on your cycle lengths, it could be that its going to take a couple of months for your body to regulate its self and get used to not having the hormones anymore. As much as you can relax. If things aren't settling down maybe after christmas, go see your dr. See if they can help with some advice.

Yeah, that's what I figure too. :) And since we're NTNP, I'm not too worried.

This isn't anything new for me, sadly. I have always had irregular periods. In fact, back in 07 before I ever got on the pill in the first place, I hadn't had one in 4 months. :wacko:

oh wow 4 months without, that is very irregular. I had hell when i came off bcp a couple me years ago, was very irregular was about 6 to 8 weeks between periods, so know how you feel and how frustrating it is. You never know the bcp could have helped to give your body a regular pattern. Good luck hun.

oh wow 4 months without, that is very irregular. I had hell when i came off bcp a couple me years ago, was very irregular was about 6 to 8 weeks between periods, so know how you feel and how frustrating it is. You never know the bcp could have helped to give your body a regular pattern. Good luck hun.

The BCP did while I was on it from March 07-June 09, but the effects were not worth it. I had to get off of them...

If DH and I :sex: every day of the month, what do you think the chances of us getting a :bfp::bfp: are???

Hi hun,

Your not alone, I was on BCP for 6 years, when I came off (I was irregular beforehand) I waited 11 long, mean months for my AF (although I was stressed/on depression tablets for 6 months of this time so that may have been a factor) - I even ended up having tests (allclear), when it finally came it came with a vengeance. :wacko: Since then I have had another period, which was 2 and a half months later, and right now I am assuming (from the way my body is behaving) I will be having another one in a few weeks but its very hit and miss.

Unfortunately, as is always the case with irregular cycles, your kind of stuck, just try to track the cycles you are having, note down your symptoms. I don't temp, but I have noticed through the few cycles I have had, I have the same set of symptoms. When I am ovulating I get EWCM and some cramps - then approx 2 days after this I get what I like to call the nipples of doom (they get so tender I want to lop them off) and then 2 weeks later I get AF.

So far, me and DH haven't really been DTD on the dates I recon I am OVing (We either miss it because he works nights or one of us can't be bothered and is lazy :rofl:) so I haven't got my shiny BFP yet, but atleast I have some idea of what's going on-ish (I hope!)

That probably wasn't much help, but I just wanted to share my own guess work !!

Pluto x

I would track your cycles, maybe mark it on a calender or use fertilityfriend.com to keep dates, you can note the symptoms your having on there too. Also I would say that :sex: is better every other day. As the sperm quality goes down on ever day lol. So less is better, so maybe every other day or every 2 days. Cm is also a good thing to look out for. I usually get snot like cm for 2 or 3 days, then i get egg white cm for 2 days maybe 3, on the days of the ewcm i get ov pain too. This is usually around cd 14 or 15 for me. But that could be something else for you to look for. Im not sure about temps though, never done that. Hope some of this might help.

Hi hun,

Your not alone, I was on BCP for 6 years, when I came off (I was irregular beforehand) I waited 11 long, mean months for my AF (although I was stressed/on depression tablets for 6 months of this time so that may have been a factor) - I even ended up having tests (allclear), when it finally came it came with a vengeance. :wacko: Since then I have had another period, which was 2 and a half months later, and right now I am assuming (from the way my body is behaving) I will be having another one in a few weeks but its very hit and miss.

Unfortunately, as is always the case with irregular cycles, your kind of stuck, just try to track the cycles you are having, note down your symptoms. I don't temp, but I have noticed through the few cycles I have had, I have the same set of symptoms. When I am ovulating I get EWCM and some cramps - then approx 2 days after this I get what I like to call the nipples of doom (they get so tender I want to lop them off) and then 2 weeks later I get AF.

So far, me and DH haven't really been DTD on the dates I recon I am OVing (We either miss it because he works nights or one of us can't be bothered and is lazy :rofl:) so I haven't got my shiny BFP yet, but atleast I have some idea of what's going on-ish (I hope!)

That probably wasn't much help, but I just wanted to share my own guess work !!

Pluto x

Sounds like we'll just have to grin and bear it! lol

I figure if we :sex: everyday, one of those days is bound to be the day I ovulate? lol Who knows, though, really, haha.

I would track your cycles, maybe mark it on a calender or use fertilityfriend.com to keep dates, you can note the symptoms your having on there too. Also I would say that :sex: is better every other day. As the sperm quality goes down on ever day lol. So less is better, so maybe every other day or every 2 days. Cm is also a good thing to look out for. I usually get snot like cm for 2 or 3 days, then i get egg white cm for 2 days maybe 3, on the days of the ewcm i get ov pain too. This is usually around cd 14 or 15 for me. But that could be something else for you to look for. Im not sure about temps though, never done that. Hope some of this might help.

Thanks.

Yeah, and since we're NTNP, I'm not too worried. If we were actively TTC, then I'd be charting more.

yes def no need to worry about charting lol. I dont bother, but some things i just cant miss lol. Enjoy ntnp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->