My successful VBAC...

VBACMama

Reaction score
I am new here but I thought I would post my birth story since I just had my son 3 weeks ago. Well here it is!

Early on Oct. 28th (around 1 AM) my water broke. We were planning a home water birth so we called my midwife. She said just to wait for labor to start. Monday rolled around... no labor. Tuesday rolled around..NO LABOR! So on Tuesday night I started the nipple stimulation and it was bringing on irregular contractions. My midwife has a 3 day wait rule after a woman's water breaks. We were coming up on the 72 hours. My midwife decided to stay at our house on Tuesday night just in case labor kick started. She checked me around midnight and I was only 2 cm but 100% effaced. I did the nipple stimulation again for an hour and the contractions really picked up so she checked me again but I was still only 2 cm. She was worried about infection by that point because it had been so long so she suggested we go to the hospital to get things rolling. We needed someone to watch our 2 year old so the midwife stayed while we went. So about an hour later we left. She didn't check me right before we left for the hospital even though the contractions were less than 5 mins apart (she kicked herself for this later).We arrived at the hospital at around 3:30 AM. The contractions were coming one right after the other. I felt like I had to move around. The doctor and nurses were amazing. 2 1/2 hours after we arrived I felt the need to push. The nurse checked me and I was 9 cm! After only 30 mins. of pushing baby Landon came flying out! The doctor barely caught him in time! My midwife was so upset. She felt horrible because I didn't get to have my homebirth because she didn't check me right before we left. But I still had my all natural drug free VBAC. That's what was most important. And if it wasn't for her and her encouragement and wisdom I never would have had that VBAC. She's amazing. Anyway, my CSection was for failure to progress so everyone I knew thought that my body just couldn't "do labor" (or as my mother in law said, "Maybe your uterus is broken")..so for me to only be in labor for 3 hours proved them all wrong! It felt good. It was liberating and empowering. Feeling the urge to push is the most amazing and powerful feeling I have every felt. Doing what my body was made to do has changed me. It has given me loads of confidence. Now I know I can do anything! And I can't wait for my next vaginal birth! ....Oh and Landon latched right on after birth to breastfeed. He was completely alert and awake. Unlike my son, Evan because of all the epidural drugs and the surgery. I hope my story encourages some women! It can be done! VBACs are safer for you and your baby!

I forgot to add that Landon was born at 38 1/2 weeks and was 7lbs 8oz and 20 in long. Oh and my water broke a day or 2 after the full moon and a series of thunderstorms..so we think thats what brought it on!

Attachments

• phpFgKGjgPM.jpg
    phpFgKGjgPM.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 26
  • phprRGqR9PM.jpg
    phprRGqR9PM.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28
  • phpxWJSciPM.jpg
    phpxWJSciPM.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 39
  • phptWjXhGPM.jpg
    phptWjXhGPM.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 47
  • phpz1Yw5tPM.jpg
    phpz1Yw5tPM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33
WOW, what a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing.
I had a C Section in Feb 07 and am awaiting seeing my consultant in January to see what he thinks my options are.
Congrats, welcome to B+B and WELL DONE!!!!!

Great story and congratulations. X

WOW, what a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing.
I had a C Section in Feb 07 and am awaiting seeing my consultant in January to see what he thinks my options are.
Congrats, welcome to B+B and WELL DONE!!!!!

If I were you I would fight for that VBAC! So many people told me it was dangerous and risky and blah blah blah. But I did my own research and found that a VBAC was safer..by far. And the healing time is amazing. I was out of the hospital within 24 hours. I was walking and didn't need much pain medication (they gave me ibruprofen).. which I was surprised about because I did have a second degree tear.

what does VBAC stand for? congrates by the way cute little man

It means Vaginal Birth After Cesarean. And thanks! He is adorable huh?

Congrats! great story !
Im currently pregnant with baby number 2, due in Feb, i had an emergency c-section last time and am really hoping for a VBAC this time round ! My midwife and consultant are both very supportive of my decision so im really hoping everything goes to plan !!

Steph x

I'm sure you'll have that successful VBAC! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Congrats! great story !
Im currently pregnant with baby number 2, due in Feb, i had an emergency c-section last time and am really hoping for a VBAC this time round ! My midwife and consultant are both very supportive of my decision so im really hoping everything goes to plan !!

Steph x

:yipee: well done :yipee:

big congratulations :hi:

if you don't mind me asking, are you a mixed race couple?

'cos we are :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->