My Sweet Angel Landon!

kfpavel

Reaction score
Hello I'm katie. I'm 24 years old and am a mother of 2 boys and an angel named Landon. I wasn't planning on having other children yet but God had other plans. I had the Mirena placed in early 2008 just after my 2nd son was born. My periods have not been regular since I had that put in. I'm lucky if I get 3 a year but I'm not complaining bc lets face it...its a nuisance. In October of 2010, I started having morning sickness and kept taking pregnancy tests and they always came out negative. In November I was still having morning sickness and I called the OB and they told me the nausea and vomiting is prob from the mirena because it's sometimes a side effect. I knew they were wrong. Sometimes you just know. Meanwhile I was still taking pregnancy tests about once a week. In December I went and had a blood test done. On December 19 I found out I was expecting....I knew it. They called me in the next day and were going to remove the Mirena..it was gone. Evidentally while having sex the mirena got knocked out of place and backed into my uterus. I had an ultrasound and they told me my baby had died. They asked me if I wanted to know the sex. I told them no. They wanted me to come in for a D&C on Dec 23. I told them absolutely not bc I would be down and out for christmas and that wouldnt be fair to my other children. So they scheduled it for Dec 29th unless he came out on his own. My birthday is Dec 31 but it wasn't a big deal. I had a terrible christmas knowing I should be celebrating. On December 29th early in the morning I started to cramp and bleed. My appointment was at 2pm. I went in and they did another ultrasound to make sure I didn't miscarry him already. I saw him for the first time a perfect baby at 18wks 1d and the mirena was attached to the uterin wall right next to him and of course I asked the sex. I had to know if this was the girl I have been praying for. I was 6cm dialated and this place was an outpatient center. The most unprofessional group I have ever seen. I did not receive any sedation or anything. They said it wouldnt hurt bc I'm already dialating. I was skeptical but listened. I've never been through this. They performed the procedure and it was horrific. They didn't hide him from me. I saw everything. My little Landon in pieces. I had nightmares for weeks afterwards. Yesterday was my 3 month mark after losing him and its still hard to deal with everyday. I never got a sonogram printout or anything of him. I look at my boys and think I would still be pregnant possibly if they wouldve listened to me the first time. My heart breaks thinking of him. I hadnt named him at first and joined an onlin e support group and they suggested I give him a name and not refer to him as "HIM" which makes perfect sense. I chose Landon bc I was going to name my first son that but decided to go with something else. I am actually getting the butterfly at the top of the screen with his name under it on my foot. A little remembrance of him. And the father. He isn't the type of guy to show emotion but he got a tattoo over his chest with Landons name and I LOVE it. Its the most sentimental thing and means so much to me. I just wanted to share my experience. Thanks so much for reading!!!!

~Katie

That is so horrific, I'm so sorry you went through this.
Fly high and sweet dreams Landon.

Lots and lots of hugs and love,

Sarah xxx

Katie... My heart breaks for you... You are an amazingly strong woman after reading your story, all your boys are so very blessed! May you be surrounded by peace & comfort ... XOXO

oh my gosh hun im so so sorry this has happened to you!! all i can say is you have my support and my prayers!! please feel free to pm anytime you need a chat! i lost my little girl at 22 weeks also, the hardest thing i have ever been through in my life! sending you lots of :hugs: and thinking of you xxxx

:cry: what a terrible ordeal u have been thru!!!
I'm so sorry for your loss..:hugs:
RIP Landon XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"