My theory of symptom spotting and the tww...

babytobe

Reaction score
I have a theory about the tww. It may explain the discrepancy between what we think we're feeling and what actually happens during the tww. Hear me out!...

We are ttc baby #2. I'm 5dpo (first month trying), and im CONVINCED I'm pregnant. Why? Because I feel different, and have symptoms very similar to the last time I was pregnant. I had these symptoms the very first month we ttc with the first baby, but I didn't end up pregnant that month. It was so confusing, because I was so sure, but now I have an explanation for myself (and maybe it will encourage you too!)....

I think they say that implantation usually happens around day 6-10 (past ovulation), right? And I read a statistic that only about 50 percent of pregnancies stick, which means that 50 percent of them don't work out. Apparently this is largely undetectable to most people (an early miscarriage, or chemical pregnancy). So it would make sense then that we could be feeling our bodies trying to implant during the tww (progesterone and estrogen surges happen....I hear), but then sometimes it doesn't stick, and AF arrives before a pregnancy was detectable. Who knows how far the process might have gone along during the tww, but I think things DO TRY to happen sometimes, and that's why we feel convinced we are pregnant! Our bodies are trying to be pregnant, but things may just not work out that month.

I hope the 50 percent statistic doesn't discourage anyone. I personally am aware of statistics, as they help give some perspective, but that's about where it ends for me. Numbers are just numbers, and I believe in much bigger things than statistics (I'll leave my sermon speech for another day haha 😉 ).

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share my little theory, as it may encourage you if you've been going nuts thinking you're pregnant month after month, only to get your AF at the end of every cycle. No one else may believe your symptoms, but I'm telling you here....I DO! I think your symptoms are real! Here's to hoping that they will turn into your BFP anytime now! 💗

(And apologies if my theory totally doesn't line up with current science....I don't really care lol. It's a theory that explains things for me and makes me feel good about my crazy symptom spotting!)

I enjoyed that read very much!
I think its a very logical theory and it made perfect sense to me. It didnt make me feel negative but the opposite of filling me with hope which some posts never do :D

I have never had a bfp but I have definitely suffered from a few odd things while ttc such as nausea, cramps, hot flushes and feeling dizzy - never before had this occurred and I am not a dramatic person or a hypochondriac just for the record hehe! So yes, I had wondered about my body and it trying to prepare and also it getting over tired.

My approach is definitely more relaxed now and it could be fluke (or some of the other things I have been trying: to eat cleaner and exercise, herbal raspberry leaf tea) but I have ovulated much earlier than I usually do.
This is exciting for me because I think its safe to say implantation could occur and be more successful than at the times my ovulation has been much later...fingers crossed that this continues and makes a difference.
I am getting more in tune with my body each cycle which is helping me.

Anyway thanks again and the best of luck to you too :)

I enjoyed that read very much!
I think its a very logical theory and it made perfect sense to me. It didnt make me feel negative but the opposite of filling me with hope which some posts never do :D

I have never had a bfp but I have definitely suffered from a few odd things while ttc such as nausea, cramps, hot flushes and feeling dizzy - never before had this occurred and I am not a dramatic person or a hypochondriac just for the record hehe! So yes, I had wondered about my body and it trying to prepare and also it getting over tired.

My approach is definitely more relaxed now and it could be fluke (or some of the other things I have been trying: to eat cleaner and exercise, herbal raspberry leaf tea) but I have ovulated much earlier than I usually do.
This is exciting for me because I think its safe to say implantation could occur and be more successful than at the times my ovulation has been much later...fingers crossed that this continues and makes a difference.
I am getting more in tune with my body each cycle which is helping me.

Anyway thanks again and the best of luck to you too :)

Glad you like my post MagicDance....I wasn't sure if anyone was going to read it lol!

It's much nicer feeling relaxed during the tww, isn't it? I too am feeling more relaxed this time around. What will be will be I guess.

That's interesting what you suggested about ovulating earlier and how it may help implantation to be more successful. When I got pregnant with my first I ovulated really early! And I ovulated early again this time (day 9 I think), and I do feel very pregnant. So maybe there's something to that.

Best of luck to you as well! 😊

I think it was pure luck that I stumbled across it. These forums are still a maze to me, but im finding it a little easier to navigate around now so I am getting there :)

Yes, lets hope that this is the cycle for us! How long did it take for your bfp with your first? If you dont mind me asking.

I have lots of distractions this wait to keep me sane (Its my Birthday and so I have a few plans, it also being Bank Holiday soon so lots to look forward to and keep me busy) What helps you in the wait?

Yeah it definitely takes some getting used to.....navigating around the forums here!

Well I guess that post didn't come from a ton of experience in the tww, since we conceived on our second month trying (and the first month we only dtd once, as we hadn't officially started trying). But I think I just thought a lot about symptoms during the tww just from those two months and now trying again, as well as hearing about so many other women during the tww who are convinced they are pregnant. I tend to over think things haha. Have you guys been trying very long?

Birthdays are always good for distractions! I'm not actually having too hard of a time distracting myself now in this tww. I'm busy being a mom and working part time. I also think im not quite as in a hurry to become pregnant this time. I felt like I had been waiting FOREVER to start trying with our first baby, but now it seems like time has gone by so fast and I can hardly believe we're trying already again! Although I'm sure I would still be dissapointed if I'm not pregnant this month. 3 more sleeps and then I'll test on day 14 past ovulation.

Oh I see, you were lucky weren't you! That's great though. I have been actively trying since January this year, so not long compared to some but feels much longer for us. I guess patience is key :) it will happen when it happens.

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust for your test date :D let's hope this is your cycle (and if not I always think it's just going to bring you closer to your bfp!)

I'm 5dpo so a little more waiting for me. Thanks for keeping me company and keep me posted on how you're getting on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->