My toddler is driving me crazy

firefly15

Reaction score
Today has been one of those days where nothing you say is taken any notice of, tantrums are every 30 seconds and behaviour generally is diabolical :wacko:

I am so relieved that it's bed time and DH is dealing with it because my patience is gone.

Being pregnant has really lowered my threshold for bad toddler behaviour and this has been one seriously testing week. :dohh:

Yep exactly the same here. :-( I feel bad as I've been having shouting matches with my 3 year old today, I bet the neighbours think I'm a cow but she's really been testing me. It's not just today either think she's going through a stage. I hate it because I feel like the worlds worst mum but I literally have no patience at the moment. Starting to wonder how I'm gonna cope with another lol. Doesn't help that she's been getting us up early and we're both tired.

My DD is a monkey at the moment - she's been a little better lately - but I think that's mostly the improved weather which has meant lots of outdoor time which exhausts her!! Dreading the return of the wet weather...

Oh and she's up with the dawn chorus at 4.20am atm - lovely :(!!!!

Yep exactly the same here. :-( I feel bad as I've been having shouting matches with my 3 year old today, I bet the neighbours think I'm a cow but she's really been testing me. It's not just today either think she's going through a stage. I hate it because I feel like the worlds worst mum but I literally have no patience at the moment. Starting to wonder how I'm gonna cope with another lol. Doesn't help that she's been getting us up early and we're both tired.

This!!!

Xx

Urgh, I feel exactly the same.

I seem to be continuously bribing, bargaining, moaning or snapping at him at the moment. I feel awful about it but he's really been acting up a lot lately (not his fault, a lot is changing for him and he's testing his boundaries which is to be expected) and that, combined with me being exhausted and STILL having ms :growlmad: means I have limited patience for it.

I am really trying to be more understanding and distract him with fun things but it's hard.

Luckily I've got a bit of time off coming up so I'm hoping that after some rest I'll be much more able to deal with it all.

My dd is the same, not listening etc. Put my foot down on early get ups and did some sleep training with her, she only cried for 5 mins then feel back asleep now she is never up before 7.30. Just couldn't do it anymore with being pregnant.

I'm really hoping this is a stage and it passes because I also feel horrible constantly having to tell him off and losing my temper. Today especially I feel like maybe it's my fault because my patience is so thin and somehow it's making him act up more. Aaaarrgghh. Am holding on to the hope that a few of my friends are right and a toddler and a baby is easier than a toddler and being pregnant!!

tell me about it!! my son (2yo) has been acting out which is so unlike him, he goes back and forth between being super sweet and then really crazy. It is so exhausting!

I hear you ladies. Pretty much feeling impatient with my guy. He's a pretty good boy except when he doesn't get his way...then all hell breaks loose.

Yep DS is haaaaard work!!! I struggle keeping my patience with him. I am so tired still ... haven't hot my second tri glow yet and DS is sick AGAIN so I am feeling very warn out and over everything right now.

I feel the same. :( I'm slightly better now that I don't have ms but the exhaustion is still there. My 3yo is really testing his limits right now. He is constantly screaming and growling at the same time, or screaming and shouting "I'm MAD!".

He's been mad at me for 3 days now because I was trying to reason and then make him (unsuccessfully) wash his hands after playing with his sandbox which was filled with water the raccoons had been drinking from. 45 minutes attempt. My husband eventually came home and got him to wash his hands because he just wouldn't listen to me. Now it's been 3 days of "go away mom". :(

My two year is the same! I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one questioning how I'm going to cope when the second one gets here. I swear she purposefully waited until after I got pregnant to start this phase. :haha:

I have 2 2 year olds. I sometimes think I must really be crazy to have planned another one! Hehe

mine have just learnt how to throw stuff at well..... everything. Apparently throwing stuff at each other is also hillarious and more so when I jump in to stop it and get hit by flying toys.
doing the opposite of what I say is another favourite.
and they make sure they sleep at opposite times when im tired so I cant nap either but they nap at the same time when im not even the slightest bit tired haha.
tantrums...ugh

so I wonder what its gunna be like with a new baby?
Tbh im a bit scared :p

Thank you all for making me feel a little bit less like a crazy person! Not that I'm happy anyone else is having toddler struggles, but it makes me feel sooo much better to read that I'm not the only one :haha:

I'm trying not to think about what it might be like when baby arrives, in the happy place in my head DS will have entered an angel phase and be on best behaviour...:rofl:

We've had one good day so far this week, the rest have been...difficult. DS also decided that 4.30am was a good time to wake up this morning. Yay.

same only i dont think mind classed as toddler no more at 4.5yrs. grrrr

^^ nope but my kids went through an awful phase at 4 that i actually thought was worse than 2 and then again at 8 :/ they were girls though, I dunno if that makes any difference.

I hear ya! My DS is going through the 'terrible twos' he's learnt how to squeal at the top of his voice when he doesn't get his own way :dohh: he is a cheeky monkey daily and does test my patience sometimes I just want to cry and have some peace and quiet or just abit of me time but no chance of that as OH works daily long hours! I'm planning on having a lovely bubble bath with candles tonight whilst oh takes over the parenting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->