My toddler jumped knee first on my baby bump...

Moet

Reaction score
I posted this in 1st trio then realized I'm really second tri now...

So my 22 lb toddler jumped on me knee-first directly on my uterus. I'm 14 weeks now. Just worried because I have been having aching and random sharp pains ever since (last 4 hours). I know in theory baby is well protected but it was a direct blow. Anyone else have this happen in a previous pregnancy? So hard to contain a toddler that wants to use me as a jungle gym.

If you're worried call your doc. If it's too late for that and you're still really worried, go to emerg. If you're bleeding or cramping heavily, just go to emerg. Better safe than sorry, right?

I'd call my dr if I was nervous at all. Better safe than sorry, always. However, I've been through this a million and one times. I have 4 little ones and am pregnant, and all of my subsequent pregnancies have been jumped on and kneed and all sorts of things that I just wasn't quick enough to avoid (maybe 2-3 times per pregnancy). I even slipped and fell out of the shower onto my belly, barely catching myself a bit with my shin when 17 weeks along with my second-born. Now, THAT was scary. Yes, I get achy when this stuff happens, but my babies have all been just fine. I think pregnancies are made to deal with some of these accidents, especially bigger siblings. I always warn my kids to be more careful with me and to be gentle with me, but accidents happen. I hope you're all right - and I'm sure you're all right - but you do need that peace of mind and to know that everything really is fine.

Thanks for your replies. After sleeping last night woke up and the pain is gone this morning. Feeling normal and no bleeding so I think baby is fine. And if baby wasn't there is literally nothing I could do at this point in my pregnancy anyways. So I'm just going to carry on with positive thoughts and try and remind myself that baby is well cushioned in there with fluid etc.

I am sure it will be OK. Both my kids have jumped in the bump numerous times and they are 44 and 36 pounds. All was ok

I don't know how heavy my 20 month old is but she wacked her head back on my bump and it winded me and brought tears to my eyes. All was fine and baby moved like normal so I want worried. All the info I could find said bumps can withstand toddlers hitting it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->