My very long and on going birth story:)

meggabear

Mommy, daddy and Caiden
Reaction score
I'm a few days late in writing this, but I was just discharged today from the hospital and I've finally managed to feel awake enough to get onto a computer.

I went in tuesday sept 21st at 7:30 pm to be induced, my pregnancy at 41 weeks and 5 days wasn't progressing so it was finally time to get it rolling. I'll be honest, those who want to be induced for reasons other than medical necessity and are just impatient, I warn you now, it is the most uncomfortable and painful process to get started if it is cervadil, especially if you are not numb down there, it hurts :( so its better to wait and see if induction is really needed IMO. so the night progresses and I dilate to only 1 cm, and it stays that way for 12 hours.

sept 22: so they did another cervadil and that seemed to get the ball rolling and I was in a few hours at 3 cm, so I was given my epidural which wasn't painful at all, just weird and it worked, another 12 hours pass and I am finally at stuck at 8cm, so we waited a few hours longer.:wacko:

sept 23: and then i finally progressed and I was stuck at 9 cm, so the doc decided it was time to start pushing and so we did. for three long hours and the little guy became stuck, not moving any farther our and he didn't turn, so he was also sunny side up. The doc had me try pushing again with the vacuum but it just wasn't working and I was tearing in places I should not have been so we launched into an emergency c-section. I was so tired from pushing and all the waiting and drugs that I slept through the whole c-section:blush: but DH was all sorts of excited, calling it his "personal health discovery channel" he spared me the details thankfully :) so my little man Caiden was born on september 23rd via emergency c-section at 6:14 am to the song of " The boys are back in town" lol, I was so tired that all i could do was give him kisses as he and his daddy went to the NICU. dh was on:cloud9: so I'm stitched back up and rolled into recovery to sleep the night away. I am not able to bring him home just yet, for the poor little guy had two small seizures that are baffling the hospital staff as to how he obtained them, but he is doing really good and is making a steadfast recovery :) so soon my lil man will be home for me to cuddle and hold and DH to talk about science and figures like a goof ball :)

gosh, sounds like you had a rough time.

Congratulations to you both and i hope you get to go home soon.

xx

Congrats. Hope you get to bring him home soon. x

gosh, sounds like you had a rough time.

Congratulations to you both and i hope you get to go home soon.

xx

It really was, but it was so worth it in the end :cloud9: and lil man is making headway recovery each day, and its looking like we can bring him home relitively soon, we just need to learn how to give him his anti seizure meds and let them discharge him first. but to hve him home will be so great, without him here i keep thinking i'm still pregnant, lol:blush:

congratulations and hope the little dude is feeling 100% soon.-and you!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"