my very long birth story and pictures!

Dopeyjopey

Toddlers are fun :)
Reaction score
My gorgeous little boy, Albert Max, was born at 13:24 on 31st May weighing 6lb 8oz (which I thought was pretty good for a week early!) That's right, my yellow bump really was green!

At about 7.30am on may 30th I woke up and thought I'd finally managed to wet myself! Went to the toilet and put on a pad just in case. Went back to bed, woke up 10 minutes later and thought i'd done it again! But it was waters and was quite mucousy - nice.

Text Kev to tell him and prayed that he hadn't gone to wales like he had planned! We spoke on the phone and he told me to call when i was in pain haha. A few minutes later i started getting quite weak contractions so rang my mw team to explain there was likely to be a home birth. I promptly logged on to here and apologised for lo deciding to jump the queue by starting things off a week early. I put on some dirty dubstep to bounce on my ball to and had tonnes of stuff planned. Well. I forgot how lazy i was and just bounced and ate. I was so bored and had been waiting for kev to come round for ages.

The mw turned up around three and explained the new procedures around spontaneous rupture of membranes. She advised they weren't meant to do internals but as she knew how much i didn't want to be induced she would check me over. Queue me getting the giggles at a woman telling me she had a finger in my cervix, and my mum laughing her head off in the kitchen when she overheard. Anyway, i was 1cm dilated and 1.5 cms hanging down or something like that. She very kindly did a stretch on me to try and speed things up because my weak contractions were still very weak!

After she left things started to get a bit more painful and regular so i used the contraction timer on my phone. Every 10 minutes and 50 seconds long (i think - timing contractions got very boring, very quickly). My day carried on very much the same until about 8 when kev turned up (took his bloody time!) Mum left us to it by going to my aunt's and we spent the time discussing our usual conspiracy theories, aliens and other general rubbish. Started timing contractions again and they had gotten shorter but more regular - 5 to 7 mins apart, about 40 seconds long. Mum got back and kev and i decided to go for a walk to the takeaway for some super hot chicken :) bumped into my brother who was paraletic and tried to start a fight with kev over letting me walk around in labour! Then some little racist shits made a comment to kev as we walked passed and i thought i was going to unleash the hormones on them! Had forgotten what it's like in town on a bank holiday eve!

Got home, ate, and we all decided to try and get some sleep. I was using hypnobirthing breathing techniques which helped with thepain. They also popped more of my waters so 18 hours after they started trickling i got the gush! After that things became much more intense so i called the mw. She turned up and after almost getting my head knocked off for waking kev up she told me i was only about 2.5 cms (and i think she made up the half just to make me feel better!) I was well annoyed but carried on as i had been. I managed all night and called the mw when it was getting uncomfortable at about 7.30. I'd been spending a lot of time in the bath but was finding it hard to breathe through the contractions which were intense and every 3 minutes. I was 5 cms and flexible, but i could only see that as a bad thing. She offered me gas and air which i accepted, although for some reason my head was telling me to go to hospital. Anyway, the hypnobirthing techniques went out the window and i was really uncomfortable. At about 12.15 after an internal showed i was only 8cm i gave up, i had no strength left in me and wanted to transfer. I got an ambulance with kev, mum following behind in the car. I got into the room and really wanted to push but was told i couldn't. Whilst waiting for an epidural the doctor realised my cervix was too thick and messed around with loads of scary looking instruments that hurt quite a bit! Eventually it was decided baby wasn't happy and i was prepped for theatre. I was begging for a c section as this point because i was so scared! To my utter surprise kev came into theatre with me, which meant mum had to stay outside and i didn't even get to see her and say thank you for being supportive :(

I was given an epidural (was hard though because the whole time they were trying to do it i was screaming that i still needed to push!) and suddenly the whole world seemed better! I was cut and doctor used a ventouse. It was very strange being told to bear down when you can't feel a thing! It was a bit worrying when i heard the words 'cord round neck twice, but they didn't seem concerned so i trusted them. Then my little perfect stranger came flying out of me and into the world. Unfortunately because i was in theatre i couldn't have a lot of my wishes but i did get to discover the sex myself. I saw his little willy and i just cried so hard because i was so happy to have delivered my baby safely. The first thing i noticed was kev staring back at me. They are the spitting image! He was then whisked off to be cleaned up and checked over and i started to panic because he wasn't crying. Hearing it after 5 mins or so felt like forever but it was the best sound ever :)

I got a quick cuddle then kev did while i was being stitched up. We were taken to the high dependency unit due to waters breaking over 24 hours before and you could only have one visitor - all i could do was send the mw to see her with photos. Kev had to disappear to see his landlord so mum got to come in. We both cried!

He's currently on obs because of infection risk and his breathing is a bit fast. He is so well behaved though! Hopefully we'll be going home tomorrow.

I'm very glad i tried the home birth route - i was in control in a familiar place for most of it and my mw stayed with me when i transferred. I haven't slept for about 72 hours but all i want to do is look at my little handsome man!

Here are some pictures - i'm on my phone so can only link to fb! Thanks for reading, sorry if it's shit! https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=236751&id=787745233&l=241458b129

He's absolutely precious! I hope you're able to go home soon ... & get some rest! Congratulations!

Aww honey congratulations!!!! :hugs:

oooh he is very cute!! congratulations!

Well done sweetie, you did a grand job :D And he's just gorgeous!!!! xx

Congrats Hun, he's lovely hope u get to come home soon xxx

aww he's beatyfull congratulations again you did great

oww he is beautiful..well done dopey..His weight was good for a week early!!
best of luck hun..and enjoy your new baby son
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"