My waters have broken! Eek!

T

Toms Mummy

I thought I'd wet myself in bed :dohh:

They broke at about 2am. I am now sitting here on my ball having slightly painful contractions about 3-5 mins apart, lasting 50 or so seconds!

When do you think I should give l&d a call?

Send some of that baby dust my way!
Are you GBS positive?

My situation is different so I have to go in as soon as I have 6 in an hour, but before that, I was told that when your contractions are between 4-5 minutes apart, that's when you should call l&d and ask if you should come in. It also depends on how far away the hospital is (live 5 minutes away? Wait a bit longer. An hour away? You might want to head out now), whether you are gbs positive (they have to start antibiotics), and if you are going to want an epidural (those going natural can labor longer at home if they so choose).

Really, everyone labors differently. If you feel it is getting closer together pretty quickly, you might want to head in. If it's taking a long time for contractions to get closer, you may have extra time. Don't forget to bring your ball to the hospital :D Good luck!

I would definitely ring!
How exciting!! Keep us posted :) xx

Wowsers!!! Something in the atmosphere this weekend.

Best of luck to you!!

Exciting!! Good luck :hugs:

I would actually have called them already but I don't know if that's standard practice :blush:

So exciting!! Good luck.
I'd phone just to let ten know and they'll probably say to come in when they are closer together x

I phoned as soon as my waters went! Good luck! :D

Best of luck!

I had the same thing. Midwife said to come in/call her when I had 3 contractions in 10 minutes. When I got in (an hour after my waters broke) I was already 9cm! She was born 2 hours after my waters broke in bed.

I'm in labor too! My waters haven't gone yet, so I'm still sticking it out at home too. I'm planning to stay home until I can't handle it anymore, but we're only about 5 minutes from the hospital.

I called in when I thought my waters had gone and they asked me to go in to check it was them as they only let u so long once they are broken. I then went home until I couldn't handle it anymore and went back in again.

Good luck xx

Awwww good luck :) If my waters break then we shall be making an emergency dash to the hospital as this is baby number 6 so birth would probably be not far after for me!! Got an induction planned for 38-39 weeks due to gestational diabetes but with the bad winter we are predicted in the uk I have told my community midwife to get her wellies ready in case I need her for a homebirth! She only lives 5 minutes away bless her xx

Thanks everyone for replies! My contractions started about 15mins after waters and then baby was born 2hrs later! It's a good job I called early as she was born within half an hour of getting to hospital!

Goodluck girlnboots! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"