My yellow bump turned blue :) A little late than never

maggieme

Reaction score
We welcomed our son, Alaric Isaac on Friday, September 16th. He weighed 9lbs 5.5oz! and was 21inches long at just 3 days over due. We couldn't be happier that our family is now complete. Good luck to the rest of you ladies. The LO is truly worth the wait.

For those of you who like birth stories, here you go:

One of my doctor's finally agreed to induce me and asked that I be at the hospital at 4am. At 3:15 I get a phone call from the hospital telling me to stay home because they were too busy (Apparently they broke a record in August for amount of births and were expected to break the record again for September). Disappointed and irritated I went back to bed to see if I could get in after 8am, no such luck. Baby hadn't been moving nearly as much the last couple weeks and the doctors didn't seem to care when I brought it up at MD appointments, so when the doc called me at 10 about probably not being able to induce I told them again about my concerns with the decreased movement and they asked me to go to their office at the hospital to get baby checked out. Then the doc called again and told me to go to the L&D floor to get checked out and if baby was in distress we would induce, if not I'd have to wait till Monday. When I get there the nurses were very confusing and did all the admission paperwork and set me up in a labor room. They hooked me up to the monitor and said baby was doing great and they were going to call the doctor to see if they were going to admit me, but said if they did admit me, they couldn't start the induction process till that night. A while later 2 different nurses come in with IV bags and tell me they are going to get things going. I was so confused, but glad they decided to let me have my baby. They started the pitocin about noon and it took about 30 minutes for me to be having contractions every 2-3 minutes that lasted 40-50 seconds. I has already 3-4cm dilated before they started anything, so I was hoping things would progress easily. The doctor came in at about 2:20pm and checked and their wasn't any changes from before they started the pitocin which disappointed me. She broke my waters and almost immediately the contractions became unbearable and I asked for the epidural. They even turned off the pitocin in hopes to make the contractions more manageable, but it didn't do anything. The anesthesiologist came in about 2:45 and put it in, but I didn't get much if any relief from it as I was dilating very quickly. Not sure about the times anything else happened as I was not paying attention to anything after my waters were broken. At 3:25pm my beautiful son was born (about 1 hour after my waters were broke). Afterward the doctor said it was a good thing they decided to induce since he was so big. Never once during my appointments did they tell me that we was on the large side. Miraculously I didn't need any stitches and didn't really tear. The cramping afterward was painful, but the nurses said to expect them to be worse with each baby and it was manageable. I guess I'm lucky that my waters don't break on their own since I was GBS positive and got the antibiotics, had labor went that quick on my own I may not have gotten the antibiotics in time. Anyways, my son is completely healthy and has a HUGE appetite. Just want to say congratulations to everyone else in advance and good luck with all your labors and the next journey you will be on :)

many congrats - thanks for posting you story. x

congrats, I love hearing all the birth stories

Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back