My yellow bump turned blue! Positive induction story :)

J

JamHeart87

Hi everyone! :flower:

Don't think many people know me on this but I found the positive birth stories really reassuring and loved reading them, so thought I'd add my own now! :)

I was really worried about having to be induced incase it took forever to work (I had never left my 2 year old overnight before and was worried sick about it!) and almost refused it completely, only deciding to go ahead with it after the midwife advised it was much safer for me and baby.

I was scheduled to be induced when I was 41+2 on Monday 14th. I got there at 2.30, and had to wait around for a bit as the ward was really busy. They didn't get around to hooking me up to the monitor until about 3.30, and after the monitoring and checking baby was fine I was given a pessary at 5pm. Before having the pessary I was 2cm dilated but midwife had to really reach for my cervix so I wasn't feeling too optimistic.

I was told to stay in bed for about 45 minutes and then get up and have a walk around etc, so me and John watched some telly and then got up to walk to the cafe at about 6pm. Was feeling a bit defeated already as I hadn't felt so much as a cramp by this point and knew they wouldn't be checking me again for another 6 hours! We walked around the hospital for a bit and then went and got something to eat. Around 20 past 7 I started having some cramps so decided to keep walking to get things moving a bit! Just half an hour later around 8pm they were full-blown contractions, which knocked me daft a bit as it came on so quickly! The midwife was skeptical at first that I had progressed so quickly, but after John insisted she examine me we found out I was now 6cm! I should have been delighted but was still in a state of shock and trying my hardest to breathe through the contractions which weren't even a minute apart.

They quickly wheeled me down to the labour ward and got me onto the bed. I told the midwife I didn't think I could handle several more hours of this pain and asked about pain relief....I was then told I was fully dilated and the baby would be out in no time! This was only about 30 minutes after being examined, I couldn't believe it!

Ben was born at 8.43pm weighing 7lb 8oz, less than 4 hours after having my pessary and less than 2 hours after the pains started! I managed without any pain relief whatsoever which I didn't expect as everyone hears inductions are far more painful. So I just wanted to say to anyone else who is worried about inductions, it doesn't always take forever and it doesn't always mean a much more painful labour! :)

We're all doing great now and Noah absolutely loves Ben which is so nice to see :)

Attachments

• 378595_10150417253178905_591113904_8300741_126269192_n.jpg
    378595_10150417253178905_591113904_8300741_126269192_n.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 392284_10150419050393905_591113904_8306930_673982857_n.jpg
    392284_10150419050393905_591113904_8306930_673982857_n.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo 17-11-2011 08 39 56.jpg
    Photo 17-11-2011 08 39 56.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 42
aww fab induction story hun and great to hear it went well, i thought my induction was quick but you beat me

Thanks! :) I know, no one could believe how quickly it all happened! I think you were one of the ones who gave me a bit of reassurance when I posted last week about being afraid of induction as well, so thanks again! :)

That is a positive story, thanks so much for sharing. Your boys look gorgeous, and baby looks almost 'smiley' in the last picture! Congratulations.x

My midwife has just given me my induction day (Monday) and have been reassured by your story!

She originally wanted me in tomorrow for my pessary and to be induced on Sat but there was no room for me :(

Therefore I have to go in on Sunday at 3.30 for my pessary and then an overnight stay and being induced on Monday morning.

Do I just need the hospital bags to be exactly the same as it would be if I went into labour by myself?

xx

congrats fab experience im being induced tommorow so gives me hope :flower:

My midwife has just given me my induction day (Monday) and have been reassured by your story!

She originally wanted me in tomorrow for my pessary and to be induced on Sat but there was no room for me :(

Therefore I have to go in on Sunday at 3.30 for my pessary and then an overnight stay and being induced on Monday morning.

Do I just need the hospital bags to be exactly the same as it would be if I went into labour by myself?

xx

Good luck with your induction! :) I packed my bags as if it was a normal labour and didn't end up needing anything extra, so I'd say you'll be fine with the usual stuff!

Thanks for sharing he is so gorgeous! congrats xxx

fab story gives me hope mine will go smoothly if it comes to it, thank you!

congratulations he is so adorable and obviously going to be a very spoilt and protected little brother

hes lovely thanks for sharing im pretty sure i will have to be induced

Thanks for sharing and oh my goodness he is soooo cute :) xx

Thank you for the story and congratulations! I've been stressing about being induced since the dr told me it's possible. Your story is very reassuring x

I go in at 5:30 tomorrow morning to be induced and your story makes me feel MUCH better :-D I'm already 3-4cms and my 5 year old's birth was really quick so I'm excited :) Congrats on your new arrival!!!!

Im so glad u have posted this as i may have to be induced at 39 weeks im crappin it tbf haha, hea gawjus babe congrats and well done xx

wonderful! Gives me hope!:)) Congratulations on your little boy :) xx

Thank you for sharing and congrats! Makes me feel better about my induction if it comes to that :)
Ben is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"