• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My youngest is almost 3! (uh oh, here come the threenagers!)

SarahBear

Reaction score
My youngest is almost three and I'm finding myself with a mix of dread (OK, that's a bit of exaggeration) and excitement! It's exciting to see Leo turn into a little boy instead of just a toddler. It's exciting to see all that he can do and to be coming to the point where he's more independent. He is speaking in pretty good sentences now despite hardly saying 40 words 10 months ago. He even knows most letters and can rote count and recognize some numbers. With help, he's playing board games and is excellent at imaginative play. We're working on potty training and he's making slow progress with it. However, here comes the dread. He's been pretty easy going, but then there's the dreaded "threenagers" on the way! Uh oh! By this point, Violet was getting hard. I am finding myself disciplining Leo in a way that's more similar to kid discipline opposed to toddler discipline, so I know that if it is going to come, it will come soon. Here's hoping for an easy peasy threenager stage! Anyone else on the verge of the threenagers?

Were just leaving the threenagers (praise the lord) but now people are telling me four is harrrrd. I’ve come to terms with the fact each stage will be hell-ish, but also delightful in its own way :lol:
Good luck! 3 really is an interesting age isn’t it!

In the throes of it. It's been tough lately!

My daughter was an angel through three, honestly, then she hit four though and turned into a tantruming, grumpy toad. :haha: Three is when a lot of my son's problems started but I can honestly say it is one of my favourite ages! They turn into such funny little things with the biggest personalities!

My dd2 was a complete and utter little s*** at 3. Since turning 4, she is a delight (most of the time!)
dd3 turned 3 in October and she is the funniest little girl. She has a nasty mouth on her, though, and it is very apparent she has big sisters. The sass oozes out of her, and she is so overly dramatic... but her behaviour is generally great and she is always in a good mood. Definitely a million miles away from what dd2 was like!

It will certainly be interesting... I like family life in general though as we move away from the toddler years. We can do things now like have a family game night or go on a hike and have everyone actively involved. The kids can also play imaginative games together and both are old enough to sit through books, et cetera. I'm hoping for the best heading into three!

My ds was a delightful three, but I’m lucky he wasn’t really prone to tantrums! Four has been harder so far, much more emotional which also makes problems harder to solve and deal with. And we’re still potty training....stubborn little rascal!

We're dealing with potty training now. It is a much slower process than it was with my daughter, but at the same time, smoother. He never developed a negative association, but it also isn't clicking as quickly either. He'll get there though. My husband has been sticking to diaper free (stay at home dad) which is the key, so now it's just a matter of time.

Oh wow I found 3 much more enjoyable then when they are younger. 3 is my favourite age!

I think every age has the good and bad. When my older son was 3, he was fully of energy and zest for life. He was full of life and was all boy. Yet at the same time, he would slow down to cuddle and sing songs to Momma or give me play-doh hearts. Such a sweetheart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->