Mya Ann Martyn enters the world in true Diva style

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
SHE'S FINALLY HERE LOL.

Well on monday 11th Jan 2010 I arrived at the hospital to be induced, was hooked up to the monitor and it took an hour to meet criteria (she was starting how she ment to go on lol).

Well i had one lot of gel inserted and told to lay on the bed for an hour, after 15 mins i started to get light cramps and by the hour i was getting PAIN! I went for walks round the hospital and bounced on a ball they gave me and the pains got stonger and longer and more frequent. My mum and dad arrived and my dad was able to spend my first few hours of labour with me which was nice, especially with the wait he had ahead lol.

They moved me onto delivery suite at 4.30pm and when they looked i was still only 3 cms :( the pain was intense and i decided to start the Gas and Air. I spent the next 8 hours sat on the birthing ball using hanging onto my oh's arm and breathing gas n air thru each contraction that got stonger and longer and very very frequent. at 12.45am on the 12th jan 2010 they examined me and i was now 4cms, so it took me all that time to go up one cm!!!!

I was in tears at this point as the pain had moved in my back and was constant ( i later found out mya was now back to back) I had to give in and have a mobile:growlmad: epi done, tbh this was just has hard as the labour, trying to stay still when your in labour is hard enough, but when someones gave you a form to sign saying you wont sue if they paralise u it makes u a bit more anxious.

Well after 20 mins it was in and the reliefe was instant! If i hadnt have had it i really think i would have become so panicked and i dont see how i would have made it all the way without it. They then decided to break my waters.

Well things slowed down a bit from there and there was a lot of waiting, i kept being checked and finally got to 5 cms by 8.00am and they decided to start the drip , however mya's heart rate had begun to look funny on the ctg earlier in the morning, just like she was tugging on the cord or it was wrapped somewhere. At 9.15am, the mw suddenly sprung across the room and hit the emergancy button, Mya's heart rate dropped to 54bpm and it wasnt going up, all these people flew in and i just burst into tears, the docs looked at the ctg machien, said right lets move went to take me to have section when her heart rate shot back up to 143bpm.

They decided to put me on half the drip dosage for half an hour and monitor her heart rate with the head patch thing. after half hour they came back and looked at her ctg again and decided to increase the drip a little more, at 11.20am her heart rate crashed again this time we couldnt find it, but after 1 min it was back and the consultants said they where ok to leave her as it wasnt happening with every contratction. but we would monitor her extremely closly, this ment i had 1 mw doing the normal stuff and another sat next to the machien. at 2.30pm Mw's swapped shifts and Hannah (new mw) examined me, I was finally 10cms, she called the docs, they said wait an hour then start pushing but they would be outside the room just incase.

well we got to 3.30pm and there was two small problem, Mya was back to back and i was totally numb in the bottom and lady garden area so couldnt feel the pushing or contractions. I managed to get ther head round the bend but the docs had to come in and intervien, by this point i really didnt mind, the cut me, put the forceps in, turnt her slightly and then asked me to push, i pushed so hard and the preasure was emece, My mum n oh suddenly burst into tears and i was told to stop pushing, Her head was out, then the final push, we where waiting for the contraction but i was being told when to push and i couldnt tell, in the end they said just push now and they pulled Mya into the world.

There was no evidence of the cord being wrapped anywhere, she was very blue but started to cry after being rubbed with the towel. she was out straight on me and all i kept asking was is she ok is she ok.

After 41 hours of labour (30 being established) at 4.26pm on the 12th jan 2010 13 days over due, she was here and ok.

Everyone was in tears, me, my mum, lee (oh), the mw, a student (whos first birth it was) even the doc shed a tear.

But just as i was enjoying holding her whilst being stiched etc, i felt really faint and started to be sick, they gave mya to lee and had me put back on the saline drip i had been on with the epi.

I was quite poorly for a good hour n half and missed the key time i wanted with my little girl. :(.

She was weighed 7lbs 13 oz but not measured in lengh. we think she is a long one tho lol.

I am the happiest ever, i am very sore but she was and is worth all the pain, she is great at night. has only woken twice each night for feeding then goes straight back to sleep.

After everything me and the oh have gone thru we finally have our gift from God xxxxxx

congratulations!!
i know what its like to panic when the hb drops!!
enjoy her while shes small!!
:)
xx

awww what a lovelys story huni!! I am filling up here lol so glad your all ok xxx

Thanks for sharing your story with us all hunni - u should be very proud!! I just cried the whole way through reading it!! Love to u all xx

Well done Mize...a real achievement! Enjoy her x

congrats hun, so glad you've finally got her in your arms!

x x x

congrats hun, so glad you've finally got her in your arms!

x x x

Congratulations - I'm so happy that your little girl was delivered safely despite the long labour. Best of luck in the future. :flower:

thank you all, also forgot some things as you do lol

I am on iron tablets because i lost a lot of blood, and am in some pain for obvious reasons lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->