Nail picking.

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
This is an awful habit of Paiges.

She picks her nails ALL the time. Any time I look at her, she is picking. Not that she has any nails to pick, but she still does it. Even her toenails when she has no socks on.

It looks horrible, and its only a matter of time before she gets an infection.

How can I get her to stop? Ive tried ignoring, moving her hand away, tellig her to stop, raising my voice (not shouting, but she can tell im getting annoyed) even nail polish doesnt help, it just gives her more reason to pick at her nails.

It seems to be a subconscious thing. She automatically does it and i dont think she realises half of the time.

Any suggestions on how to get her to stop?

No idea I'm afraid except to let you know she's not the only one. I do it!.... Not the nails but the cuticles around the edge, to the point were they bleed! No idea why I do it, it's not boredom but a habit!.... Maybe stick her in gloves when watching Telly, or when it happens the most?

I have done this since forever myself. I remember at primary my mom told the teachers to look out for me doing it and tell me off, i hated it!!! And honestly, it didn't stop me. As an adult, i grow my nails out for about a couple months, they grow really long and i paint them, and then when they inevitably break, i go back to bitten and short horrible looking nails again for months and months :rofl:

My mom really hated me doing it and tried everything, she bought 'no more biting' nail polish which tasted horrible if you bit your nails but nothing really tackled it! :O

My son does this. Not even just fingernails but I have even caught him biting his toenails. And he's actually got an infected finger right now from it. His finger got HUGE and it's still leaking fluid/pus. He's been in so much pain with it that I'm hoping THAT deters him but half the time I might aswell be talking to a brick wall!

My son does this too! :growlmad: There is nothing I can do to stop him and I feel horrible b/c I KNOW he gets it from me... :( I was a horrible nail biter/picker, I swear until I had kids! :dohh: I still pick at my cuticles a bit but at least I leave my nails to grow...
My DH goes at him for it, but I know from experience its the WORST thing to do... He doesn't realize he's doing it either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->