Nail Salons? HELP!

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Okay ladies.... I have acrylic nails on that desperately need to be removed or filled. Is it safe for me to run into the nail salon? I'm planning to have them take them off so it's not an issue going forward, but in the past they've soaked my fingers in a chemical solution to dissolve the adhesive. Obviously I don't want that, and worst case I'll just have them rip the suckers off... but is it okay to be sitting in the nail salon for 30-40 minutes?

Soak them in hot water and you might just be able to remove them yourself. Buy an electronic nail file (I have this one and it is awesome: https://www.amazon.com/PROFESSIONAL...83785441&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+nail+file) to help get rid of any chunks of glue.

I bet you could try going in when it's not busy and it won't be as stinky.

Worst case scenario u can use a face mask to keep out the acrylic partials don't get up ur nose...... But the chemical smell might make u sick

I had some and I was able to remove then myself by soaking in acetone! They scrape right off!

Worse case scenario, you just let them grow out. I don't have acrylics though so I'm not sure how that would look.

I had my nails done for the first 4 months of my 3rd pregnancy and it was fine. I know for each person it a different situation but I never had a problem. But like some of the other responses, u can soak them in nail polish remover and then use a cuticle pusher and scrape them off. Good luck.

get a nail varnish with acetone in, thats what gets them off, i used that to get off before, took longer but managed :D

If you don't want to go to the salon get acetone remover. A face mask. Cotton and foil.
Dip the Cotten in the acetone and wrap it around your finger then again with the foil. I'm not sure how long but check after about 10-15 minutes. Should peel right off. If you can avoid damage to the nail bed I def would.

I work in a salon and have with all pregnancies. When chemicles were high that day I just wore a mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->