Name associations and opinions

Wishing_well

Reaction score
What are your initial thoughts and opinions on these names.... What do they make you think of?

Keats
Rafe
Sawyer
Wolf
Bay
Espen
Ivo
Tate
Rune

Other than Rafe and Ivo, I would just say that they are unusual. I love Rafe, it reminds me of the film Pearl Harbour 😀 And Ivo reminds me of a little boy I used to know.

What are your initial thoughts and opinions on these names.... What do they make you think of?

Keats
Rafe
Sawyer
Wolf
Bay
Espen
Ivo
Tate
Rune

Keats - the famous English poet. Lovely association.
Sawyer - sawyer from Lost, haha. I love the name though.
Rafe I'm not sure - it maybe sounds African?
Wolf - the animal.
Bay makes me think of kids and how they say 'bae'.

The others don't bring anything in particular to mind. They're all unique.

Initial thoughts --

Keats - Is it a nickname for something... is the person's 1st or last name Keaton?

Rafe - I would also assume it was a nickname for something. I actually have no idea if I'm pronouncing this correctly - pronounced Rayf?

Sawyer - Literary connection - Tom Sawyer - Epitome of a little boy... cute!

Wolf - crunchy/hippie parents

Bay - Young parents who think the term "bae" is cute.

Espen - The sports channel ESPN

Ivo - Tivo/IPhone - I would wonder if I was hearing their name correctly.

Tate - Cute boy's name. Although I prefer Tatum, nn. Tate.

Rune - "To ruin something" or Mayan ruins

Initial thoughts --

Keats - Is it a nickname for something... is the person's 1st or last name Keaton?

Rafe - I would also assume it was a nickname for something. I actually have no idea if I'm pronouncing this correctly - pronounced Rayf?

Sawyer - Literary connection - Tom Sawyer - Epitome of a little boy... cute!

Wolf - crunchy/hippie parents

Bay - Young parents who think the term "bae" is cute.

Espen - The sports channel ESPN

Ivo - Tivo/IPhone - I would wonder if I was hearing their name correctly.

Tate - Cute boy's name. Although I prefer Tatum, nn. Tate.

Rune - "To ruin something" or Mayan ruins

Very helpful, thankyou!
Keats was actually after the poet but not sure it goes with our last name.

Rafe (pronounced correctly) is a name in its own right, but can also be a nickname for Rafferty. (My current favourite but my husband isn't keen)

Sawyer - my absolute favourite but again not my husbands... :(

Wolf - His suggestion as an alternative to Fox which is too common. We're definitely crunchy parents :haha:

Bay - The tree! But 'bae' never even crossed my mind, but I hate that phrase!!

Espen - means 'bear of God' so is a strong name. We live in the uk so is like to think the ESPN isn't a first thought!

Ivo - Not keen but my husband liked it.

Tate - After Tate Donovon :blush: or the museum..

Rune - I didn't think of ruin.. I was thinking more nature inspired names.

Definitely very helpful though!

Keats - The poet of course. Too sad for me, with him dying so young. I think of the death and of TB (sorry) before thinking of his poems

Rafe
The nickname of my sister's boyfriend when we were kids. It sounds a bit made up

Sawyer
I think of soya, as in beans, milk etc

Wolf
Gladiators!

Bay
Holidays in France. Nice memories

Espen
I think of aspen

Ivo
IVF

Tate
Modern. I mean the gallery!

Rune
Is it something to do with old board games or coins or something?

Keats - also think of a nickname for something. Maybe his last name is Keaton??

Rafe - I'd pronounce it RAF-ee and assume it's a nickname for Raffael

Sawyer - the guy from Lost, a wannabe bad boy

Wolf - has nasty third reich associations for me

Bay - I think of the tree. Cute but having read others comments about the "bae" association, I'd stay clear personally

Espen - makes me think American ski resort (that's Aspen, isn't it?)

Ivo - sounds like a masculinised form of Ivy to me and makes me think of the Friends scene where Phoebe suggests Phoebe for a girl and Phoebo for a boy...

Tate - no associations other than a boy I know

Rune - makes me think standing stones and new age parents

Keats - The poet of course. Too sad for me, with him dying so young. I think of the death and of TB (sorry) before thinking of his poems

Rafe
The nickname of my sister's boyfriend when we were kids. It sounds a bit made up

Sawyer
I think of soya, as in beans, milk etc

Wolf
Gladiators!

Bay
Holidays in France. Nice memories

Espen
I think of aspen

Ivo
IVF

Tate
Modern. I mean the gallery!

Rune
Is it something to do with old board games or coins or something?

Haha gladiators was my first thought too when he suggested Wolf!
Oh I totally meant gallery instead of museum when I explained Tate up there :dohh:
And funny you say that about Espen because Aspen is actually on our girls list :)

Keats - the poet. I like it a lot

Rafe - this isn't made up at al it's clearly a well known name in its own right! Does make me think of Ralph Fiennes as his is pronounced Rafe, or of Jude Law's son Rafferty - I've always loved the name Rafferty and I really like Rafe

Sawyer - a lovely and quite American name. I never watched Lost

Wolf - makes me think of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! Not a bad thing at all :) I remember someone on here naming their son Wolfgang and calling him Wolfie for short

Bay - well I really liked this one until the others above have totally ruined it with 'bae'! Cannot stand it when my niece says that :dohh:

Espen - seems quite feminine. Makes me think of Aspen

Ivo - have also never heard of this but I really really like it! I may be biased though as Ivy was my girls name and it reminds me of that

Tate - makes me think of Tate Donovan and Jennifer Aniston didn't they used to go out?!

Rune - rune stones and kind of kooky ouji board stuff ;)

Keats - the poet. I like it a lot

Rafe - this isn't made up at al it's clearly a well known name in its own right! Does make me think of Ralph Fiennes as his is pronounced Rafe, or of Jude Law's son Rafferty - I've always loved the name Rafferty and I really like Rafe

Sawyer - a lovely and quite American name. I never watched Lost

Wolf - makes me think of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! Not a bad thing at all :) I remember someone on here naming their son Wolfgang and calling him Wolfie for short

Bay - well I really liked this one until the others above have totally ruined it with 'bae'! Cannot stand it when my niece says that :dohh:

Espen - seems quite feminine. Makes me think of Aspen

Ivo - have also never heard of this but I really really like it! I may be biased though as Ivy was my girls name and it reminds me of that

Tate - makes me think of Tate Donovan and Jennifer Aniston didn't they used to go out?!

Rune - rune stones and kind of kooky ouji board stuff ;)

Totally on the same wavelength!! All of those are the same thoughts as mine... But Bay is off the list now thanks to "bae" :dohh: damn it I liked the link to Bay tree...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->