Name doubts.

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
So, I was pretty settled on the name May Elizabeth Allonby. Her bump nickname is Nellie, and it's just grown on me, in fact I love it, but Id not use it as a name on birth certificate as its a bit Nick namey to me.

I love Ellen and someone suggested we use Ellen as her middle name instead and use Nellie as a Nn. Does this work... May Ellen Allonby?

Or would Ellen be better as a first name, or is it too much of a mouthful with Allonby? Ellen *middle name* Allonby (not sure what we'd use as middle name.

Thoughts please?

I'd go with Ellen May Allonby. Love the nn Nellie 👍🏻💕

I see what you mean about Ellen Allonby being a bit of a mouthful, but I think it is in a good way in that case. It sounds famous to me!

Ellen May Allonby is cute! :thumbup:

I have a friend named Antonella, who goes by "Nellie" as a nickname.

I pronounce Ellen and Allon exactly the same, so to me it does sound quite weird to be honest. I love Nellie though!

I think Ellen May Allonby has a nice ring to it I love the name Ellen :flower:

I prefer Ellen May BUT teachers are likely to say just Ellen Allonby? Unless hyphenated x

I think Ellen may sounds better, I think the may breaks up the mouthful of Ellen and Allonby together :)

i think it's a bit of a mouthful but not persay in a bad way- it sounds sophisticated. if you're concerned about it, i would hyphenate her first name as Ellen-May (middle name) Allonby.

Other longer names Nellie would work as a nickname for:

Cornelia
Penelope
Eleanor
Helen/Helena
Danielle
Anabelle
Noelle
Janelle
Anneliese

Personally, I'd just name her Nellie. Nellie May. That sounds very pretty, and I wouldn't care if it was a "nickname."

If this baby is a boy, we are thinking about naming him Eli, even though it's technically a nickname for Elijah. We just like the simple version better.

My 2 cents. :)

I think Ellen Allon.. is a bit of a mouthful. I wouldn't go with just Nellie, it doesn't give them a chance to use a longer more professional sounding name as they grow older.

I think Ellen Allon.. is a bit of a mouthful. I wouldn't go with just Nellie, it doesn't give them a chance to use a longer more professional sounding name as they grow older.

Thanks- this is my line of thinking too.

Which leaves me still stuck 🙈

Thanks for the other suggestions ladies, I do like Eleanor and Penelope but hubby doesn't.

What we need is, a new surname I think! 😄 lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->