• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name List Expansion Help?

Laney916

Reaction score
I'm collecting more names for my lists. What names do you think I'd like based on the rest of the names in this post?

I'd like to stay away from anything in the top 200 unless it's falling in popularity and don't care for BNoG (boys' names for girls are a major pet peeve for me) or most gender "neutral" names for girls, or obviously trendy/tryndee names for either gender.

Girls -
Lilia
Susanna
Irena
Vera
Maia
Paulina
Evelina
Daphne
Magnolia
Zoya
Mireille (Meer-AY)
Stephanie
Noelle
Arielle
Tessa
Xanthe
Cassia
Vada
Matilda
Rosalie
Seraphina
Fiona
Maeve
Aislinn (ASH-lin) - I know Aisling is the original, but I don't like the sound of it with the g at the end and I dislike the phonetic American spelling Ashlyn, so Aislinn feels like a good compromise as it's another traditional form of the name.
Seren
Lyra
Ksenia
Katarina
Caitriona (Ka-tree-na) - Traditional Irish form of Katrina.
Greta
Gabrielle
Tatiana
Estrella (Es-STRAY-ah) - Spanish word for "star".
Nadia
Phoebe
Althea/Thea - I'm just worried that Thea is gonna get into the top 200 fast.
Amara
Anya/Anja - I love Anastasia, but it's getting too common now so I'm thinking Annika or Anneliese with the nn Anya/Anja.
Anthea - Love, but pronunciation might trip people up. Nameberry says it's An-THEE-ah, but I've heard An-TAY-ah too.
Antonia
Astrid
Aviana
Bridget
Calista/Callista
Calla
Chiara (key-AR-ah)
Dahlia/Dalia
Danica
Delia
Dorothea
Erica/Erika
Eve/Evie
Geneva - One of the few place names I don't mind.
Georgianna
Giovanna
Giselle
Hana
Kalila (Ka-lee-la)
Kimber - This one has been growing on me thanks to my obsession with the Jem series from the 80's. I like Kimberly too. Only issues: I know a couple Kimberly's and they go by the obvious nickname, Kim. I don't care for Kimmy either.
Kira
Lorelei
Michaela - My issue with it is the association with my late father. I didn't have a good relationship with him. Then there are the many different spellings for it which make it feel trendy. I just can't seem to let go of this name though because it's pretty.
Mina/Wilhelmina
Niamh
Octavia
Ramona
Rebecca
Samara
Serena
Viviana
Zora
Sasha - Love about equally for both genders. One of the rare "neutral" names that I don't mind for girls.
Zosia
Zara
Louisa
Celia/Cecily - Nice alternatives to Cecilia, which I also love, only these are a lot less common.
Aya
Audra - It's growing on me. I love Audrey, but it's too popular and I dislike Aubrey for girls so Audra is a good compromise.
Vanessa - Still a little common, but declining so I'm more open to it.
Alessandra/Alessia
Liesel/Liesl
Odette
Tirzah
Celeste/Celestina
Malia
Léa (LAY-ah)
Davina

Boys -
Abram
Ronan
Ephraim
Rhys
Conrad
Cassius/Cassian
Darius
Dmitri
Eamon
Henrik
Julius
Lachlan
Lorenzo
Raphael
Rory
Salvatore
Tanner
Tennyson
Alfred - Only as a MN
Arthur
Andrejs (pronounced like the Spanish Andres) - Latvian form of Andrew.
Clarence
Constantin/Konstantin/Constantine - MN only.
Damon
Dante
Edmund
Harvey - The hurricane and Harvey Weinstein associations give me pause on this one, but I still like the name itself.
Horatio - Guilty pleasure name! I don't know if I'd actually use it, but I like it.
Louis
Magnus
Martin
Matias/Mattias/Matthias
Robin - It's okay for a girl, but I prefer it for boys.
Stellan
Walter
Hugo
Philip/Phillip
Frederick - Maybe as a MN.
Gordon - As a MN.
Simon - It's been growing on me. Is the chipmunk association too strong though?
Francis - Fits with the Latvian part of my heritage.
Oscar - A little common for my tastes, but I'd consider it as a MN.
Nikolai - I love Russian names and it's a great alternative to Nicholas without being common. I also love Nico/Niko, but can it stand on its own?
Anton
Hector
Rowan - My issue is that it's being used for girls. I personally think it's better for a boy.
Stanley
Sasha
Alton
Gregory
Kellen/Kellan

Sorry, the 2nd to last girls' name on my list is supposed to be Lea, with a little diagonal line above the e but this site doesn't seem to allow them or something.

Hi I have a 6 year old BOY named Rowan! <3 I heard its a girls name in Egypt, however I am in England UK I defo see it as boys name liked the name since I was 13 (named him Rowan when I was 20)

Not sure on others you may like, however I have a daughter named Sofia-Anne and this new baby will either be Primrose or Wyatt (possibly Leo)

I'm very unhelpful because I don't have any suggestions but wanted to mention that I have a daughter named Seraphina. She is the only one I know of and I've always gotten a ton of compliments on her name. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->