Name regret?

Trishc_ox

Reaction score
Hey y'all this is my second child I have a seven year old boy named Dallas. I was quite young when I had dal and they didn't tell you the sex back then, so in the delivery room we just had one name for a boy picked (Dallas) and it happened to be a boy lol.

The name was more of my then boyfriend (now husband) choice he's actually named from his favorite nfl team the cowboys haha! But i LOVE Dallas the name is so unique here as I'm from Canada so no one watches football anyway and no one really gets the connection lol.

Fast forward 7 years I'm having a baby girl!!! We struggled with names as he shot down everyone i LOVED!! He fell in love with the name Hannah, I felt really sad because he was so excited so I suprised him with wooden letters for the nursery that spell out Hannah.

Now I'm just terrified I don't love the name and were keeping a secret from family and friends untill she is born. I know a name is just a name but I wanted something unique but I supose there aren't a lot of Hannah's around here at least.

I just feel like he got his little boy and for gosh sakes I let him name it after. A football team lol I feel like I shoulda got the choice here I dunno I'm more scared people will hate it and I had a HORRIBLE dream that people looked at my baby and called her Hannah Bannna Hahahhah lol

I agre you should tell your oh how you feel xxx

I think you should put your foot down and have more of a say, what names did you like?

Dallas and Hannah are very different styles of names for a sibset

hannah could be a middle name maybe or maybe say you want your choice of middle name?

I would speak to him. She is your child too after all. Just ask him to have another think. You could always go back to Hannah if you don't agree on anything else.

return the letters.

Tell him you aren't into it.

Find something you love.

I agree..don't do what just pleases him...please yourself too.

Btw...I love the name Dallas for a boy =)

I have a Savannah. We bought her a plush banana and we call her Savannah Banannah!
It's cute ;)

We also call her Annie / Annie banannie. And she even went through a stage where she told every one no my name is Annie.

Now she loves strawberry shortcake and tells everyone her name is Lemon. Ha ha.

Anyway point to my post. Savannah is similar to Hannah and is a place name like Dallas.
So if you liked it you could possibly use that. :)

I'd say definitely talk to your husband, and keep looking at names and suggesting different ones. You can still keep Hannah on the table. Just explain that you aren't 100%b sure and want to keep your options open.

Of course you don't want to name her something your husband hates, but if you don't like Hannah, you shouldn't be stuck with it either. Definitely don't name her that just because you bought some wooden letters :)

I'm sure you'll find something you can agree on. I had two girl's names I loved, and my husband loved one of them. Luckily we just found out we're having a girl.

I like the suggestions mentioned: either Savannah (nn could be Vannah)

Or use Hannah as a middle name...

Don't just settle: It's a team effort to make a baby; it should be a team effort to name them too!!! Especially if he got to name your boy. I'd just sit him down and mention that you aren't 100% yet and you can keep Hannah in mind but think of other possibilities in the meantime.

You can always return the letters...I wouldn't worry about that!! :)

Definitely tell him. Don't have name regret. Trust me it sucks. For 2+years I regretted DS2 name. I am kinda over it now 3 years on but still don't like it. I shed many tears over it. Now I am totally driving myself crazy trying to find another boys name for this bub and sooooo scared I am going to regret a name again if I don't find the one and I am finding it very hard.

Never ever settle on a name you're not in love with. It's just a name but you'll be calling her by that name her whole life; you have to like it. My husband refused to look through name books when we had our first two kids, and vetoed everything I came up with. Eventually we came up with names we loved and chose them. Now he says this baby's name, if a boy, is his choice because he claims he settled on the names of the other to because I loved them. We never settled, but if he thinks that he never said anything to me. I never pushed the names onto him, so he can't claim I forced them. He just wants to name a boy after him, and I HATE that idea. I've always hated it, no matter how much you love your OHs name.

Anyway, you have to love the name you choose. Find other names and see if any pop out. You can always go back to Hannah if you need to, but if you're not warming up to it yet I don't think you will

Just pick a name, when the nurse asks say the name when he says something shoot him a 'iv just given birth don't mess with me' look n u get ur name haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->