Name stuck in my head DH dislikes it

trit

Reaction score
Since we found out we were expecting we ran through lists and lists of names and finally decided on 2, the only problem is that I heard another name about a month ago and it's stuck in my head and I love it but he doesn't. I have to stop myself from calling our baby by this other name even though when I think about her it's the name that only seems suitable. Our first two were Evelyn Dawn (my grandmothers and his mothers name if she looks like me) or Sedona Lee (we figured very feisty and it was my favorite town growing up. But I heard the name Hadley and I can't get it out of my brain, at this point I'm just lost because I don't want to upset DH but he says there are 600 other names he would pick ahead of that one. Any advice? Should I just data dump a name I love? I'm afraid once she is born I'm going to call her Hadley or regret one of the other 2 in the future. Help!

I love the name Hadley personally....An original name I chose was Brookyln and he HATED it, after about 2 months I realized I didn't like it either....now I'm glad cause we have a name we both love.

Now had we had a boy I would be in similar shoes cause he was dead set on Maverick and I HATED it...he mentioned it when I was 2 month pregnant, and it still makes me cringe.

I hope that you either find something you both love equally, cause you want to love the name you gave your child, or maybe (hopefully!!) Hadley will grow on him :)

Best of luck!

I think Evelyn Dawn is best... it will age well and is classic

the others sound modern and trendy and might age badly over all

I think Hadley will age will with this generation in a similar way Ashley did and is now a perfectly fine adult as well as child name. It might be trendy now but not in a necessarily bad way, it stands nicely on its own.

I do think Evelyn is beautiful though. She can go by Eve, Evee, Lyn..Lyny... so many ways to play with it... cute it up or class it up with the original. It's a good solid name.

I could've written this myself (with different names, of course).

I have two or three names that I adore and my husband really doesn't like. He also thinks that since he's already agreed that a couple of names are 'fine' we don't need to discuss it anymore, but I'm not convinced about those names either.

Honestly I think go with one you both like, even if it's not your fave. From your husband's point of view, it would be rubbish to be stuck with a name you really didn't like. I think Evelyn is lovely by the way. Would you pronounce it 'Eve-lyn' or 'Ev-eh-lin'?

It would be Ev-eh-Lin but evie (ee-vee) for short. DH also saying the ones we picked are fine, I like Evelyn a lot especially if she looks like me (im a mirror of my grandmother) and sadly it has gained popularity (#27/100 for 2013). lately since the weather has been getting warmer I've seen tons of posts on fb where people are spending weekends in Sedona (granted the town was named after a woman) but I cringe now thinking of all the terrible jokes that might occur when she is older even though I no longer live in that state. That was the 'pretty princess/southern' name we picked originally but I would like him to let me at least switch out Sedona for Hadley.

Yeah can't do Evelyn Hadley because that would be taking out his moms name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"