Name wobbles - anyone else?

modified

Reaction score
Even before agreeing to TTC, we had 3 girls names - Violet, Pixie and Emma.

Pixie was always our #1 but then I actually got pregnant and Violet took the top spot. If baby was a girl, it just "felt" like a Violet... especially when gender was confirmed!

But, for the past wee while... I keep coming back to Pixie! Argh!

Anyone else?

I agree with pp, as soon as you see your baby you will know the right name for her x

Pixie has always been my husbands favourite so I'm dreading telling him :haha:

Does it make sense when I say I feel "right" typing or saying Pixie? More so than Violet.. :wacko:

Yes totally!!!

That's how we chose our daughter's name - we went round the houses... in fact I didn't even like Madison 3/4 years before. But then we were living in NYC, talking about names and OH suggested it and I loved Maddie...

As soon as we knew she was a she - we called her Maddie in all our emails and talks about her and it made it very real for my husband.

For me it's like a penny drops... We'd always liked Oliver or Freddie for a boy and yet I keep calling this baby Dylan... we don't actually know it's a boy, but all of the sudden that name feels right!!! (I do keep muttering "or Holly") I've told myself their ears aren't functioning just yet :)

xx

Yeah, it's been like that... the past wee while, Violet just hasn't felt... right. Whereas Pixie has.

Spoke to my husband last night and he was over the moon :haha: So that's that settled!

I much prefer Violet. Pixie could always be a middle name that you can still use? I loved Oscar but it's really common, so it's LO's middle name and he answers to both that and his first name.

I agree with pp - Violet is very pretty and ages very well but Pixie isn't really a name its a nickname

I think Pixie is mega cute, She is your daughter hun and if you love it that's all that matters x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->