Names after seasons

teacup

Reaction score
Do you think that a baby with a season name (Summer, Spring, Autumn, Winter) should match the season they are born?

I want to name our baby after a season they aren't going to be born in, and am interested if people think that is silly or if it doesn't really matter.

No I don't think so. My may baby was called Summer. I really don't think so!

Thanks, I think I'm over analysing things. I'm worried I'll forever have that question 'Oh so was that when they were born then?' Did you have that question much? X

Thanks, I think I'm over analysing things. I'm worried I'll forever have that question 'Oh so was that when they were born then?' Did you have that question much? X

My eldest is over 7 now and never once have I been asked that question. "Summer" isn't an overly common name but we do here of it now and then and I'd never think to ask when they were born, it's just not relevant imo!

Seems like you are having the same name battle Im having this evening I can not settle on a name for our boy, it's so hard. With dd I just knew and got that feeling. This ones tough and running out of time! I don't think it matters Its your choice x

I definitely don't think it matters. I know a couple of Summer/Autumns and it hasn't ever occurred to me that they might be named that because of when they were born, I just assumed their parents liked those seasons or just the names.

I don’t think it really matters. It’d be like someone with a name that’s a month (May, June, April,etc.) was named because they were born that month. I think most people just assume you liked that name or it’s a special time of year for you or something. I know an Autumn and it never occurred to me that her birth season would have anything to do with it. Just go for the name you love!

Im going against the grain, i couldnt bring myself to call my child a season name unless they were born in that season, its ridiculous really, but think im an over analyser too!

Oh we do get asked that but I just stare and say no. Her name is Winter but it’s for snow and enchantment and beauty, not for when she was born.

Go for it! And can I highly recommend Winter as a name, it’s so so beautiful ❤️

Oh we do get asked that but I just stare and say no. Her name is Winter but it’s for snow and enchantment and beauty, not for when she was born.

Thank you! Winter is the name we like, but the baby will be born in autumn. I think it's a beautiful name too. :flower: xx

Im going against the grain, i couldnt bring myself to call my child a season name unless they were born in that season, its ridiculous really, but think im an over analyser too!

Thank you, I'm struggling with this one! I can see myself explaining before they say 'but she wasn't born in winter?' I don't want to explain that we just loved the name every time I introduce her, but I also don't want to be asked the question, or imagine I'm getting a confused look! :dohh: xx

I'm not sure I would name a baby summer if they were born in winter but I think it's fine to name them winter if they're born in autumn- it feels like winter anyway!!
I only know one summer and she is a July baby

Name your baby whatever name you want to! We named our girl Aurora Grace. People automatically assume we named her after the Disney character from Sleeping Beauty, which is far from the truth. Aurora was the Roman Goddess of sunrise. My favorite 'nursery' song is "You Are My Sunshine". It holds special meaning to me. My DH also grew up in Alaska so she was also named after the aurora borealis.

Don't let what other people think interfere with what you name your lo!

Thank you! Winter is the name we like, but the baby will be born in autumn. I think it's a beautiful name too. :flower: xx

Do it! It’s utterly beautiful 🙂 People ask stupid questions about all sorts of things and really it’s never been a big deal. We’ve been asked maybe...10 times total, I say no and people drop it. We get Far more comments saying what a beautiful name it is 🙂🙂

I hope me saying this helps as honestly it really is true - the name totally suits our little girl, still sounds utterly beautiful and I promise we get So many nice comments about what a beautiful name it is. Sure there have been a few ‘blank pause’ moments as it’s not a name people always expect but - it doesn’t outweigh the lovely by any means and our little girl loves her name.

We gave her a middle name which comes with many potential nicknames if she wants to use something else when she grows uo. But I don’t think she will.

Oh and I meant to say that by the way i calculate it, I believe November Is in the winter 😉

I hope me saying this helps as honestly it really is true - the name totally suits our little girl, still sounds utterly beautiful and I promise we get So many nice comments about what a beautiful name it is. Sure there have been a few ‘blank pause’ moments as it’s not a name people always expect but - it doesn’t outweigh the lovely by any means and our little girl loves her name.

We gave her a middle name which comes with many potential nicknames if she wants to use something else when she grows uo. But I don’t think she will.

Oh and I meant to say that by the way i calculate it, I believe November Is in the winter ��

Thanks, it is a beautiful name, and OH really loves it. (Apparently there was a comic book girl called Winter)

Our baby is arriving on the 19th October by c section, if not before, so definitely in the autumn. I think Winter technically starts in December.

But yes I guess once the baby grows into its name you probably forget the name is associated with anything else. Xxx

I love the names Autumn, Summer, and Winter. It isn't weird at all. (I wanna meet a baby named Spring, though. lol) I was going to name my May baby Autumn, but we decided to go with something more gender-neutral.

I love the names Autumn, Summer, and Winter. It isn't weird at all. (I wanna meet a baby named Spring, though. lol) I was going to name my May baby Autumn, but we decided to go with something more gender-neutral.

Thanks :flower: Only 10 days left until we meet the baby! No idea if it's a boy or girl, but Winter is top of the list if it's a girl. Thanks everyone for helping! Xx

Honestly don’t even worry about that. People will always ask if you called your baby a certain name because of something irrelevant anyway :haha:
I’ve lost count of the amount of times people ask if Rio is named after the footballer Rio Ferdinand or do we support his team. Also Niko is only 10 weeks old and we’ve had several people ask if OH is an F1 fan because of Nico rosberg and the other Nico whatever his name is. Nope, just liked the names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->