Names that rhyme? Too much??

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
I have a son named Noah, and a daughter named Isla(eye-lah).

We are team yellow with baby #3.
We like the names Josiah & Joshua for a boy. Since it rhymes with my other two kids names...should I avoid these? Too much?

We really like the name Emmett as well just not sure what to do!

They don't seem too 'rhymey' to me. I don't think the end sound of a name would be too bad but if they were called Billy and Lily I think that's too far. Lol. Joshua is my FAVOURITE boys name ever, if I had my way that's what my son would've been called. (although now I can't imagine him being called anything but Lucas)

I don't think Joshua is too rhymey sounding with your others. I don't really see an issue, unless like pp said Billy and Lilly. I was considering Phoebe, but the consensus on her was that it was too rhymey with my other daughter Evie, so maybe I'm not the best person to comment, as it didn't occur to me that these were too similar sounding :-/ x

Isla and Josiah definitely rhyme, so I'd say no to that one personally.
However Joshua and Noah/Isla only have the same endings but don't exactly rhyme. Plus I'd think he'd most likely be known as Josh anyways which would solve that problem of any rhyming ;)
Emmett is cute too!

Not too rhymey at all! It gives them all a connection without being to twee.

Definitely don't think Joshua is too rhymey. I think it goes well actually x

I don't really think they rhyme, personally. :shrug: I think they are all ok to use as a sib-set!

In order of preference: Josiah, Joshua, Emmett

Thanks ladies!!! We are really torn between Josiah & Emmett right now, I don't know why this decision seems so much tougher this time around lol
Middle name will be James (after my husbands best friend who recently died of cancer)

I love Emmett!! And it sounds lovely with James

Em xx

I don't really think they rhyme. Nice names, pick your favourite. Xx

I have Gabriel, then soon to be Ariel. I'm kind of into the rhyming thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->