Names with meaning..what do you think?

nicola ttc

A little bit pregnant
Reaction score
We lost our son Edward from SIDS (sudden infant death) in 2011then last year lost our daughter born at 25 weeks after 2 days and am now pregnant with our rainbow baby

"Rainbow babies are babies after a loss - the rainbow does not mean the storm never happened or negate the ravages of the storm but provide a counterbalance of light and beauty and hope"

We'd like a name that means something.

Violet -the 7th colour of the rainbow and this will be my 7th child.
Iris - means Rainbow
Eden -means paradise
Evie - means alive or living one

What do you think? I like Violet or Rose as a middle name i think .:shrug:

Any other suggestions of meaningful names for us? What combination do you like?

im sorry for your losses

i like the idea and think violet is nice :) iris makes a good middle name

rainbow is in itself a name or Raine, Beau or Bo for short or on there own

or there's things like angel (pretty self explanatory) or Dorothy (meaning gift from god)

or Aurora with Rory for short (like the aurora borealis aka northern lights like a rainbow in the dark)

I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs:. I love the names and the meanings behind them.

My favorite would be Evie Violet or Evie Rose Violet.

Other names I can think of are:

Eliana or Liana - God has answered
Mikaela - God's gift
Samara - protected by God

I love them all! Violet it's one of my faves, as well as Iris. One of my coworkers is Evie, and I really like it also-in conclusion, you have excellent choices in my book and I'd be stuck too! Evie Rose or Violet Iris maybe?
I am so so sorry about your losses. :hugs:

Incredibly sorry for your losses :hugs:

I love the idea of this name being so meaningful and I appreciate you explaining what a "rainbow baby" meant as I've seen it on here before and didn't think much of it's meaning.

I love Violet because of your reasoning
Violet Eden sounds very nice in my opinion

Violet Rose seems like too much color...but yet again you want to express a rainbow, so may be fitting.

Nevaeh - Heaven spelled backwards
Hope
Miracle
I also like the suggestion of a PP saying Raine (short for Rainbow)

Names meaning sun, or light might be fitting here as well, seeing as there is a ray of sunshine over your rainy days
Some suggestions:
Eleanor/Evelyn/Elaine/Helen (sun ray; shining light), Brett (the sun also rises), Clare

Eleanor Raine
Violet Clare
Helen Nevaeh
Eden Brett
Evelyn Violet

Thanks everyone!
I like Raine but think its a bit too unusual for OH.
Brett i feel is more of a boys name in the uk? I grew up with 2.
I'm still liking Violet or Eden best i think. I love the meaning behind Iris but not sure about the name still.
Thanks for all your combination suggestions! Will be suggesting to OH later! :thumbup:
I

Of what you had in the first post, I like Eden Violet.

I have a suggestion, though, if Raine is too unusual but you want something similar. I had a friend named Irena who we all called Rena (Rain-ah).

They're all very pretty :)

I love Eden. I love that you put so much so thought into the meanings behind the names, plus the fact that they are all so beautiful.
So sorry for your losses. <3

I really like your names and how much thought you've put into them! I love

Violet Evie

or maybe Violet Vivian?

Evie is a very pretty name but Violet is a little more unusual and I just love your reason for picking it!

So sorry for your losses, hun. <3 I absolutely love the name Eden - it's actually one of the choices OH and I have. I think Eden Violet sounds adorable. I'd avoid Violet Iris or Iris Violet, simply because they're both flowers - but if that's what you like, go for it! I think it's wonderful you've put so much thought into it. Good luck with deciding! :hugs:

They're all such lovely names. I would go for Iris Violet or Violet Iris, simply because I love those two names.

I think Eden Iris is actually a very pretty unique name.
'In the Garden of Eden there grew a beautiful Rainbow' (as the meaning of Iris is rainbow)

:hugs: for your losses and floaty :kiss: for your angels x

Im sorry for the loss of your two angels :hugs:

I think its great that you're choosing a name with meaning. I love all your choices.

Suggestions:

Iris Eden
Iris Evie
Eden Violet
Violet Dorothy
Iris Dorothy
Evie Grace
Violet Grace

I think Violet is the best one, maybe Violet Evie or Violet Eden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->