nana is ill, not sure what to do

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
:wacko:

Not sure what to do.

My mum just called to say she has had a cold and its now on her chest.

She was going to watch Oscar for me tomorrow and tuesday while we moved house.

I really wanted mum to be there when we walk into our dream house, cos wthout her help we wouldnt have it.

she asked if she can still come up, I said yes of course, I'll have Oscar and she can help OH.

I am worrying now though about Oscar catching her cold. Maybe needlessly.

Mum was born with double pneumonia and has a weakness on her chest, so her colds always linger there, so Oscar may not be able to catch it anyway.

So

worrying about nothing?

or should I ask her not to come?

If you really want her to come, what about her wearing a surgical mask? Thats what I have the kids do when they are getting over a cold. And just use some Lysol spray through out the day to prevent the germs from spreading, and wash your hands everytime you want to pick up Oscar. I kind of go over board with the germ-prevention lol

hummmm, maybe.

it's difficult isnt it? you want to protect them as much as poss

Really diffcult, sometimes I worry for days he's getting sick because I took him here or there! Another thought, do you have like walk-in clinics there where she could go, just to make sure its okay if she came? If she need antibotics if she started taking them today she might be okay to be around him by Tuesday

not really.

she would have to wait a week to see her GP :(

Oh:( Im probaly the worst person to give advice on this because Im so parnoid, obessive, germ phobe(sp) lol

If its any help, you aren't contagious after you get sick, its BEFORE you get symptoms. So if he was going to catch it, he would have gotten it before she even knew she was sick. Its the breeding germs that are contagious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->