Nappies smelling

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
So I got my nappies out the wash yesterday and they still smelt a little like wee? :wacko: I washed them like normal with some napisan and a little fairy liquid - no conditioner with a extra rinse and a 40o cycle so not sure why they would smell :(

Could I have done something wrong somewhere? I dry pail them but wonder if I should wet pail them or something it was 2 days worth of nappies :wacko: :shrug:

I've only had them a month so would think they dont need a strip wash but not really sure :shrug:

xx

what are they?
I have heard of more smell problems when people use microfibre and wash at 40.
I dry pail and wash at 60 with very tiny amounts of detergent and not soapnuts and dont have any smell probs at all.
I do strip once a month.

do a 60 wash with about 80ml of detergent and an extra rinse, we have mostly mf nappies and they were reaaaaally smelling and giving her bad rashes until i changed the way i washed, i always washed at 40 and it just didnt get the smell out

x

Do you use bio or none bio... (general question) cos i cant decide which one to use. Its only ever my BG ones that smell :(

They are microfibre inserts - So will wash at 60 and see what happens!

Actually talking of rashes hers went and now it's back! Wonder if that's something to do with it?

Thanks ladies x

I wash at 60 and dont get any smells, I think at 40 BGs and flips etc develop stink issues.

Right lol 60 is it then - I am tempted to go and re-wash all my nappies again but they've been on the line allday so dont smell to bad at the mo :) I am not liking smelly nappies lol

i use bio, i used to always use nonbio but then read on cnt that LOTS of people were having issues with nonbio so i switched to bio and have had no problems since, i now use bold2in1 but am thinking of switching to soapnuts once my box is finished

x

sorry can I wash bamboo and hemp at 60?

yes, I always wash all my nappies at 60. If I cant then I dont buy them.

ok will give it a go - my stash includes Minky BB Bamboo/Minky BB/BG v3s/BG Flips :D

those who notice a smell - do you notice it all the time, when the nappy is dry, when it's freshly washed but still damp from the wash, or only when it's been freshly weed in?

I notice a smell fresh from the washer but not when dry and not when he's weed. Not sure if that counts as a smell...?

Maryjo - when I smelt it they were coming out of the machine and must admit they dont smell to bad now there dry etc - i'm gonna wash them on 60c tomorrow and see if that makes a difference :D

I had stink issues with my flips. I used to wash at 40 with non bio. I now use bio and wash at 60 and have no smell issues. Think I'll switch to soapnuts too though. I liked the sample I got and everyone seems to be raving about them these days :haha:

If you have a pong and can't use a hot wash or bio, try putting a cup of white vinegar in the softener compartment. It gets rid of almost any smell, softens and removes any residue left from the detergent. All in all a very big :thumbup:

Ohhh thanks for that, I need to pop to tesco tomorrow so will pick some up

woohoo it worked - my nappies smell gorgeous again! no more stinky for us! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks again ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->