Napping hell - 8 months

Angela49uk

Reaction score
Since get rid of my LO's dummy at approx 5/6 months, he naps far better. Generally he would have 1.5hrs in the morning, then 2 x 30 mins in the afternoon. I put him down in his cot for his naps and he self soothes.

Well.....that's how it used to work.

The last 4 or 5 days, he's been an absolute terror come nap times. He is clearly tired and gets so grumpy, but refuses to sleep. As soon as I lie him down he stands up on his feet and it's a battle. I have managed to get him down for 2 x 20 mins naps so far today and he's been down now for 10 mins.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm hoping it's a phase and he'll sort himself out again soon.

Is he changing his pattern do you think as in wanting/needing more of an awake time between sleeps? My Lo went through this change couple of weeks ago when he dropped down to 2 naps and instead of going for his 1st nap 2hrs after waking in morning, he now goes about 2.5hrs then instead of 2.5hrs awake time to 2nd nap, he now goes 3. Then awake for 3.5-4hrs before bed.
Maybe he's going through a transition and you just need figure it out so you can adjust to when you put him down for a nap? Hth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->