napping...

MrsKippling

Reaction score
anyones toddlers still have an afternoon nap? for those who dont what sort of age did they drop it?

My eldest is 3 in a few months and i struggle to get her to take a nap now but if i dont she becomes really tired and grumpy around the time im trying to cook dinner

:flower:

My DD dropped her morning nap around a year. She was doing the same as your DD recently, so I decided enough was enough. My DD wouldnt eat as well at dinner as she would be so very tired and end up playing with her food. She would also make it hard for me to tidy up etc etc or care for her sister. So I did controlled crying as we had done when she was 10 months old to tackle night time issues. On the sunday she cried for 5 minutes then slept 2.5 hours and since then, no issues. She will happily go to bed and have anywhere between 2-3 hours sleep. It has also helped her development as she's never so tired that she tantrums, she will talk to me, learn new skills and I am never so tired from the dreaded tea time hour that I cant enjoy her. xxxx

Ruby is 25 months and still naps, and very very much needs it :)

i wish, emily goes from 8 til 8 :dohh:

she does have an hour of 'quiet time'
in the afternoon where she lays down with
a pillow and blanket, has a hot drink and
watches tele but she doesn't sleep, she uses
it to calm down and rebuild her energy

:rofl:

she'll sleep for an hour or so if she's really ill
but that's about it, would be nice to have a mid
day break lol but atleast she goes straight to sleep
at night, she's pretty much out of it as soon as
her head hits the pillow so it could be worse :haha:

x​

morgan does, hes made it later tho use to be 12ish now its 1.30pm ish for a hr or 2 x hes 2 in july

Earl only has a nap when he's at home now. He goes to a childminder 4 days a week and he doesn't normally have a nap there. Sometimes he'll sleep in the pushchair if he's on the school runs with them, but otherwise he's awake all day and then passes out about 6.30 at home.

When he's at home he'll normally ask to go up for a nap at around 10am and will sleep for anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours and then will go to bed at anytime between 6,45 and 7,30.

It really does depend on what he's been doing and how much he's eaten lol.

Williams being a monster for daytime sleeps, we went away for a week and he napped fine, sttn there too amazingly, came home and for 3 days straight refused a nap! Luckily he had one today for 90mins, means much nicer bedtime. Hope he doesn't drop it completely as I feel he does need it - so do I to be honest too!

Tiarnan dropped his nap around age 2 and for him he really doesn't need it. If it's a struggle to get LO to nap and they really need it, just have them do quiet time. Tell them that they don't have to sleep but they do need to stay in bed and rest. Give them some books to "read" and let them be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->