Nappy creams?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
stupid question probably ... but if you use cloth nappies is it still advisable to use a nappy cream? or does that not really work (e.g. does it make the nappy stick to bums?)
have got some lovely beaming baby organic lavender nappy cream and some weleda calendula cream, but now wondering whether i need it or not? would you only use it if skin was irritated?

It can affect the absorbency... I'd prob only use it if there was rash and use an eco disposable while using it.

You can use it if you use a liner as well, I use nappy creams sometimes and use a fleece liner as well, mainly so it doesn't stain the nappy.

Creams can affect absorbancy in disposables too, so you're better off sticking to cloth and using a liner :)

what kirsten said

were using cream atm cos leyla has bum thrush, so every nappy has a liner in it so the cream doesnt wreck the absorbancy of my nappies

x

If you are using cream with any nappies, always best to do a full strip wash of your nappies when you stop using it :)

O and stear clear of real barrier creams like sudocrem. Stick with ones you can properly rub in like bepantham :)

I use sudocrem! I never let it touch my nappies, only the liners and not had any probs. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->