Nappy Rash. HELP!

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Olivia has a very very VERY sore bum... I just dont get it. She is never left in a dirty nappy, EVER! Im always putting cream on etc but these last 2 days its beyond controll. Its so red and sore, she flinches when ever I change her and screams really really loud. Shes had a sore bum before but never like this.

I just dont know what to do. Any body recommend good creams apart from Sudocrem and Bepanthan? :cry:

Thanks.

-Stef x

try raw egg white. sound bizzare but it really does work x

u could try metanium not sure of the spelling but it does u can get it from the chemist

Then can get nappy rashes from different things.
Coltons had a constant one on the insides of his legs, where the diaper has protective barriers to keep it from leaking and they rub his legs.. they even get raw sometimes! Poor little guy.
He has also had a rash in his diaper just from the heat aswell.

I cannot really recommend anything though because they probably wont have the same products there as we have..

Good luck getting rid of it though! :hugs:

does she have nappy free time, that might help...and yes metanium is very good. hope it gets better soon x

could it be eczema at all? you may need an anti histamene *sp* maddy has genetalia eczema and everything apart from water makes here sore as a baby it was a nightmare! I used loads of creams prescribed by the doc maybe go and ask them?

h x

Kaya is really prone to nappy rash so I really feel for you. Sometimes the poo burns them really quickly. Give her some Calpol for the pain and lots of nappy free time. There's a good nappy cream that you can get from Boots - I can't remember what it's called but it begins with a 'D', comes in a white tub and is a pink cream.

The egg white does not cure the rash it only protects the bum ...you can use vaseline (sp?) its the same kind of idea ;) That was a tip from OHs Mum.

Caitlins always been good as far as rashes go on her bum they always went in 24 hours with the help of Sudocrem but this last couple of weeks not and with other symptoms Im sure her teeth are trying to wiggle through! Only today has it looked 'ok' its been raw :(

Bepanthan made it worse btw but I have continued with Sudocrem ...I bought a massive pot & Ive been heavy with it on her bum ...also back to the vaseline (sp) I then at night put some 'over' the sudocrem to protect from rubbing and her wee stinging her Im sure you could imagine with a sore bum warm widdles will sting for a couple of seconds! x

https://www.diapers.com/ProductImages/AQUABHT01_largePicture2.jpg

This is great, as is

https://www.diapers.com/ProductImages/LA-010_L2.jpg

and this if you have it in the UK

https://www.diapers.com/ProductImages/BOUDBP16_largePicture2.jpg

Wash often, air dry (this is must) and then apply the ointment of choice. :)

I use a cream called "zincofax" with max but only when hes due to poop and after his poop
other then that i use vaseline as its best .. my doc did say its much better to let them air dry or you can blow on them dryness is best not all these creames

https://www.diapers.com/ProductImages/BOUDBP16_largePicture2.jpg

That made me laugh! Ace :rofl: We defo don't have that lol

I have never seen the other 2 products available either (at Boots anyway) although we have those brands in UK. I have noticed loads of Johnsons stuff aren't available here either grrr haha x

Hydrocortisone cream (in very small amounts) cured Bella's recently. She is the same as Olivia, never left in a dirty nappy but for some reason ended up red raw but by chance we were seeing the doc that day, i mentioned it and this is what she prescribed. Within hours the redness had gone and within about 24hrs the whole lot had calmed right down and was barely visible.

Thanks every one you have all been a great help.

She does have nappy free time in a morning and on a night. Still very sore today but not as bad as yesterday.

I have bought a few creams today so will see how she goes over the next few days.

Thanks again.

X

If it doesn;t get better it may be worth taking her to the doc to make sure she hasn't got thrush. My dd had nappy rash but then got thrush aswell, I was putting nappy rash cream on and it wasn't making any difference when I went to docs he prescribed her some canestan (sp) cos she had a bit of thrush, it cleared within days
Stacy x

Also try some naked time, fresh air can do amazing things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->