Nappy rash?

S

Serene123

I put cream on Caitlyn EVERY time I change her bum, it's her favourite part, but this morning she woke up with NAPPY RASH after I said yesterday that she'd never had it. I jinxed myself. Anyway, how the hell do I get rid of it? And what could cause it? Her bums always clean and covered in cream! She has nakey time ALOT.

:( It's only a little tiny patch but it's upsetting her.

Dont worry, it sounds like you are doing everything you can to protect her from nappy rash and it will soon disapear if you do all the things you have said u do, nakey time will help loads! what about getting her some different cream for the rash, They can become immune to some creams if used for a while x

Peneten cream and naked time is what I hear. Addison has only had 1 diaper rash, so Im not quite sure what else

My mw told me not to use cream regularly, as it stops the nappy from absorbing the wee. Only use it if needed.

Teething can cause nappy rash unfortunately.

Hope she is better soon xx

oh no! poor caitlyn :hugs: could be her teeth sweetie, have you tried bepanthen? tis very good x

Bless her. You shouldn't use an ointment on her bum too often otherwise her skin will become used to it and it wont clear up sore areas as quickly. Caitlyns had a nappy rash once when she was first born thats how we found out she had sensitive skin. It was really really bad but cleared up in 2 days.

I think it's ok to use a barrier cream but you shouldn't use an ointment a lot xx

hope it clears up quick!!

I put sudocrem on her bum when I change it, I always have? Is that bad? :wacko:

I put sudocrem on her bum when I change it, I always have? Is that bad? :wacko:

She may have become 'immune' to it. Its a cream that should only be put on when infection occurs. If you wanted to use something to protect her bum you should use a barrier like Vaseline, or Bepanthen(?). If the Sudocrem doesn't clear up her rash you may need to get a different cream.

Hope it goes soon xxx

Just put it on after a poop.

I use bepanthen on mine even if they cut themselves its brilliant.
Sudocream can cause a barrier on the surface of the nappy so it prevents the wee from soaking in and it stays on the skin longer so can actually make them sore more than help them.
I was always told by my HV to only ever use any cream if they are sore, dylan enjoyed cream time too so i used a bit of water and pretended until he got a bit older!!

We never put cream on Hannah's botty unless there is a little rash there and so far this has only been when she is teething. She usually just gets wiped and a clean nappy put on.

Ive found that putting talcom powder on Ruby after each nappy change has worked wonders and she hasnt been sore once

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->