Nappy size help please especially ladies with children already :)

strawberry19

me oh & Noah :)
Reaction score
i want to start stocking up on a few packs of nappies to ease the cost and get a good stock before baby is here. we are going to use cloth when birth to potty nappies fit but use disposibles at first... so my question to you lovely ladies is how long do babies last in each size ive brought some pampers newborn size 1 .. how many weeks do babies last in these? and how many packs have people brought or plan to get?! same for size 2 etc

they use about 10-12 per day my lo was 4 wks old when in size 2 and 9lb when born, i wouldnt get too many as i hated certain nappies on her and didnt use them, best to see what fits them best and dont forget you will still be food shopping so shouldnt need to stock up too much xx

I don't see a point in stocking up tbh. Are you never going to go shopping ever again or something? lol. Just buy a few packets of newborn size 1 and then buy as you go. Amelie is 2 now and in a size 4. I doubt she'll go into a bigger size before she is potty trained.

trying to be prepared for the drop in wages when on mat leave! plus my oh only has the work van and we cant get a car till we move house so il be sending him to the shops and well.. you know what men are like with baby things! i just thought it was the norm for people to stock up on things like nappies and wipes before babies are born? or am i just nuts?

trying to be prepared for the drop in wages when on mat leave! plus my oh only has the work van and we cant get a car till we move house so il be sending him to the shops and well.. you know what men are like with baby things! i just thought it was the norm for people to stock up on things like nappies and wipes before babies are born? or am i just nuts?

No, I stocked up aswell! Got them whileI had the money! And when they were on offer.I wouldnt buy too many newborn size though, my LO was quite small and fit in newborn a while, bit bigger babies wont. Maybe get 4?

I didn't want to stock up as expected huge baby but ended up with 5lb 5oz and had to but micro baby

This time I have half pack micro left and just got 1pack newborn and not going to get anymore once bump here will do an asda shop and order some but i did mention to my mum about wanting to buy while we had extra Money when i was oreg with lo and she suggested maybe buying a tesco gift card each week till lo here as can't save money end up spending it so if you have the gift cards once lo here go get loads

i been wondering this info too, i got a couple of newborn packs then a box of size 2 so think gonna wait till it born now

I was a little confused about your post when you said you'd start using cloth but we started off with nb size and by 2 wks had to go to size 1 b/c of leak problems. He was in 1's until about 10lbs I think? And now he can fit into a size 2 and he's nearly 18lbs. I CD though, so he's only in a disposable like a handful of times during the week.

I bought the birth to potty washable nappies, I didn't start using then til my daughter was on solids as her poop just shot out the sides whilst in the first 6 months. So if I was you stock up on midi 9lb - 20lb then they will last you as they are a good size nappy for little ones, til roughly 1 year old. Plus it's always handy to have spare disposables for journeys.

There have been a lot of ladies that have said their LOs quickly outgrew the newborn size and some never even fit in them. I can't even imagine having a baby that big from birth! I am planning to cloth diaper too and am just planning to get the ones that are adjustable and fit newborns as well as older babies so I won't have to worry about getting the wrong sizes and wasting my money. I don't plan to use disposables at all unless someone happens to give us some because I'd rather use them than let them go to waste. My best friend told me all of her children have developed an allergy to all kinds of disposables and ended up with horrible rashes from them, so I am even more determined to stick to my decision of using only organic cloth ones.

i'm a first time mum so i have no experience, however i've bought 4x 27pk pampers size 1 and 4x96pk pampers size 2, i'm then going to get some size 3's, i agree when people say certain brands don't suit certain babies, but getting them when on offer has saved us a fortune!

I've got so far one pack of size1 and one pack of size2 nappies, instead of stocking up on loads of nappies, we have a pot that we put money into every week which will go towards the essentials (nappies;wipes) whilst bubba is here! The reason we haven't stocked up is because lots of people I know who have had babies recently stocked up loads, and used hardly any of the nappies because they were either the wrong size or the baby didn't get along with them! :flower:

jesse was 8lb 9oz when born and wore pampers early baby size 0 nappies for the first few weeks, was in size 1 for months, he was 91st centile so not small, i dont like nappies up to their armpits though tihn it looks awful soo uncomfy!

i'm a first time mum so i have no experience, however i've bought 4x 27pk pampers size 1 and 4x96pk pampers size 2, i'm then going to get some size 3's, i agree when people say certain brands don't suit certain babies, but getting them when on offer has saved us a fortune!

dont think you will need size 3 for a long time, jesse is 24lbs nearly 18months and only just gone in a size 4 lol x

I wouldnt stock to much as different nappys work best on different babys. You may find you have a brand that leaks or worse a brand thta gives your baby nappy rash. kacey cant use suppermarket own brand as it gives her nappy rash. She was almost bleeding it was so bad. So we use huggles but my friends baby leaks in huggies. Kacey was 8lb9 born and spent a good few weeks in size 1. They use around 10 nappies a day to start so they dont last long

dont think you will need size 3 for a long time, jesse is 24lbs nearly 18months and only just gone in a size 4 lol x

Thats strange. Kacey has been in size 4s since before 8 month. At 8 months she was 20lbs. Guess they really do all fit differently

So far I have only bought nappies when I've had coupons to use.

So got a pack of Huggies for new born as was free with my first bounty pack.

Got two packs of Pampers New Baby size one as had vouchers to use from joining Boots Parenting club - bought one pack to get the free changing bag and the other pack had a £3 discount so was only 74p!

Also had a discount from my Mum to Be bounty pack for a £2 discount when buying any pack of pampers so bought the 96 pack of size 2s - from Asda in the baby event so ended up paying £7 instead of £13 (ish).

I am not intending to stock up as I would ideally like to use cloth and only use disposable as a back up when travelling etc, but also because I have heard so many people say that different brands suit different babies.

I am, however, going to make the most of any coupons we get from the different baby clubs!!

I am planning on using cloth nappies too and i have 4 packs of disposable newborn size ones but only because they were free.

I have to say that i will definatly be using disposables for the first few days as i really dont fancy cleaning meconium poo's out of my lovely new cloth nappies! That is the only reason really other than that the bub will be in the cloth asap after the birth.

xx

We started my son in NB and they kept leaking. He was so long and thin that we had to put him in a preemie size. He was 7lb, 10oz. By 2 weeks or so, we were back to the newborn. It's all a guessing game. I'd say get one big box or 2 or 3 packs.

I don't see a point in stocking up tbh. Are you never going to go shopping ever again or something? lol. Just buy a few packets of newborn size 1 and then buy as you go. Amelie is 2 now and in a size 4. I doubt she'll go into a bigger size before she is potty trained.

I think a lot of ladies like to stock up to reduce the financial impact when baby is born and on maternity pay.

I'm stocking up to hun, but will just buy various sizes. So far I have 4 packs of size 1, 1 pack of size 2 and 2 packs of size 3 but that's just a start lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->